VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Get Your HadIt.com Merch! Check them out here2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Losing My Brain

mymissie

Question

I have been telling the VA for a long time(years) that my brain Hurt.

Every Doctor would just look at me strangely,an change the subject. Last week,I went to my primiry Doctor. Told her that My memory was so bad,that something had to be wrong.

She sent me to be tested by Shrink,an he sent me back to her. She sent me to get CT scan. Before I left Hospital,I asked them to send me a copy of CT & X-Rays of lower back and hip.

My Doctor called me this Saturday to tell me the results of CT& X-Rays.

According to CT results, are as follows- A CT scan of the Brain was performed without contrast. There is moderate diffuse Volume loss,greater then expected for a pitient of this age. There is no no shift of the midline structures or abnormal extraaxial collection of fluid. There is no interacranial hemorrage or mass lesion. The calvarium appears intact.

Impression:

Volume loss,greater then expected.

Primary Diagnostic Code: Clinical correlation is needed.

My primary Doc. called an made an apointment-an Monday(today) I get a call to go for a neuro. exam. Tomorrow at 9:AM. ( FASTEST I EVER HEARD OF)

Primary said that it most likely caused by 40 years of Depression.

Also have Degenerative joint disease.

Boy, Those GOLDEN YEARS>

PTSD-70%

Feet 10% P&T 100%UN

Tinnist 10%- Hearing-0-%

Any one have any Idears about what is going on?

Also have 16 Claims pending as of now!

Edited by mymissie (see edit history)

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

11 answers to this question

An MRI with contrast would tell them more- I feel you should not worry about this yet as you dont have enough info-----it might be more common then it sounds----

But I am surprised that the Doctor said this was from depression- and not an organic cause---do you have depression as caused by your PTSD?

An MRI with contrast would tell them more- I feel you should not worry about this yet as you dont have enough info-----it might be more common then it sounds----

But I am surprised that the Doctor said this was from depression- and not an organic cause---do you have depression as caused by your PTSD?

Berta,

Yes,the depression is really off the charts!

Yeah me too! I had the neurologists, MRIs, CT, EEG and all of that. With and without contrast it revealed there was encephalopathy and the neurologist attributed it to the SC Traumatic Brain Injury. You should also have that neurologist write in his status report the finding of encephalapothy and also state if it is service connected. I did that and sent it to the VA as additional information claiming encephalopathy. Since your brain has shrunk, it is an organic condition and not a mental condition.

• HadIt.com Elder

If depression causes brains to shrink I would have a peanut inside my skull (some might agree with that). I think the VA doctor is full of it. If you head hurts there is probably a organic reason but the VA dumbasses just don't want to look for the cause.

• HadIt.com Elder
If depression causes brains to shrink I would have a peanut inside my skull (some might agree with that). I think the VA doctor is full of it. If you head hurts there is probably a organic reason but the VA dumbasses just don't want to look for the cause.

This is the best site for depression. I get more laughs from some of the post, than I have ever received from all those anti-depressants that I have taken.

At least you folks have a sense of humor left in you.

I don't even have a brain for the doctors to find.

Keep up the Spirit!!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine (see edit history)

Let us know what the neuro has to say.

I agree that more tests may need to be done. MRI w/contrast, but I would think PET scan and if the Psych didn't do it the neuro-psych testing for sure.

It doesn't surprize me the Doc would say depression caused it. It's really not that far fetched. All of us, depression or not, lose some brain matter over the years. It is naturally occuring. An illness that affects our functioning such as depression can in theory accelerate this proccess. However I am not a doctor, and I can't say that depression is or is not causing this in this case. I humbly suggest that others not try to diagnose Hadit members. But to suggest another opinion may be needed might be wise.

Time

• HadIt.com Elder
humbly suggest that others not try to diagnose Hadit members. But to suggest another opinion may be needed might be wise.

timetowinarace,

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone or even take their illness lightly. PET for Cancer? I read the post, and I honestly didn't think that she was speaking of a brain tumor and didn't read into the post that this was in question.

Primary said that it most likely caused by 40 years of Depression.

I had the PET in September.

Please corrrect?

But as you say, we are not physicans either, but at Cat Scan without contrast just doesn't cut it.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine (see edit history)

My Missie, First done let me startle you with this post. I have a Neighbor, A nice young Lady who worked for the State doing Surface engineering work for the mineral dept of Surface mining. She has the disease listed below and it is awful.

Have you ever heard of Huntingtons Chorea. It is a disease whwere the brain shrinks.

You may want to be checked for this.

Edited by jstacy (see edit history)

Josephine,

Who's offended?

And yes a PET. It is revelutionary in discovering disfunction in the brain that cannot be seen by the best MRI with any contrast. It's not limited to cancer. I am permanantly brain damaged from head injury. Every CT and MRI with or without contrast has shown nothing. PET is often used in cases like mine because it can show areas of the brain that are not utilized as they should be even though the damage is to small for imaging. It's small but wide spread through out the brain. That's why the name multi-infarct. PET is helpfull in many capacities. Not just a one illness tool. So no I won't correct. I meant PET.

For lots of info on neurological problems I suggest braintalk communities. A great forum. I'll post the link tomarow. It's late.

Time

Edited by timetowinarace (see edit history)

• HadIt.com Elder

timetowinarace,

Thanks for the info. I will try to remember this when I see my EENT doctor today, as to why the tracer went to the right side of my Thyroid Gland.

Josephine

Josephine,

Who's offended?

And yes a PET. It is revelutionary in discovering disfunction in the brain that cannot be seen by the best MRI with any contrast. It's not limited to cancer. I am permanantly brain damaged from head injury. Every CT and MRI with or without contrast has shown nothing. PET is often used in cases like mine because it can show areas of the brain that are not utilized as they should be even though the damage is to small for imaging. It's small but wide spread through out the brain. That's why the name multi-infarct. PET is helpfull in many capacities. Not just a one illness tool. So no I won't correct. I meant PET.

For lots of info on neurological problems I suggest braintalk communities. A great forum. I'll post the link tomarow. It's late.

Time

The Cleveland Clinic Neurology forum is a great site for this activity. http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/neuro/wwwboard.html

Edited by jstacy (see edit history)