VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi And Tpd Student Loan Discharge Success

Rate this topic

bh1981

Hello all...I just wanted to post a couple successes that just recently came through. The first is on the social security front. As soon as I became entitled to TDIU I applied for SSDI. at process took 4 months and required absolutely no medical or physical appointment in person. I just printed out the TDIU letter from ebenefits, downloaded my medical history from myhealthevet and printed it off, which was subsequently sent to Social Security. That process took 4 months and required absolutely no medical or physical appointment in person. Just a quick 10-15 minute phone call with a representative. I was awarded yesterday and applied initially February 24th.

The other is the Total and Permanent Disability discharge for student loans. Again, I applied the second I was awarded TDIU and that, as well, came back as being discharged yesterday. My loans totaled $64,000! I feel very fortunate to have some of the resources that have been made available to me by this website. The joy I experienced yesterday was like Christmas, my birthday, and coming home from both of my deployments wrapped all into one! I wish you all the same amount of fortune.

WONDERFUL NEWS....

I bet you had your ducks in a row for the TDIU claim...and they were well armed with Evidence!

It is sad that SSA can award solely for SCs, in mere months, yet that evidence might take VA a year or more to render a proper TDIU decision.

Mrs.Berta, I have read alot of your posts and they are very helpful. Do you know the St Paul Regional office Director number.bi have contacted the Undersecretary and which she reach out the Atlanta office which forward nice gentlemen that was helpful but my claim was dispatch to St. Paul MN office since Atlanta office is overwhelmed. My claim been back and forth from preparation to notification to pending approval which is backwards. Could you please help me?

WONDERFUL NEWS....

I bet you had your ducks in a row for the TDIU claim...and they were well armed with Evidence!

It is sad that SSA can award solely for SCs, in mere months, yet that evidence might take VA a year or more to render a proper TDIU decision.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use