VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

With Dro, Scanning Documents

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

So I checked on my appeal that has been with a dro for a long time. My SSDI records are still pending, but the lady on the 800# said the latest note in the system said they're scanning in documents. Would that pop up if they're scanning in my ssdi records? Or could it mean they're in the process of finalizing a decision?

5 answers to this question

Did you file for a DRO Review or a DRO Hearing, what was the date of your NOD & DRO Request?

Supposedly, any New & Material Evidence received by your VARO can and should trigger the VARO Automatic Review (Per VA Regulation) of your Denial giving deference to the original Rater's Decision. If it's been less than a year since you requested the DRO Review or Hearing, you might get an award based on your N&M Evidence being Reviewed by a Sr Rater or actual DRO well before your DRO De Novo Review/Hearing is officially on deck. DRO Reviews have been taking upwards of 2 years and DRO hearings well north of 3 to 4 years. My DRO Hearing 06/2014 was almost 41/2 years since 1st NOD. None of my N&M Evidence ever got the VARO Automatic Review, some of it in VA's hands for over 3 years. Didn't get discussed until the DRO Hearing.

Semper Fi

Gastone

07-05-2012 is when they received my notice of disagreement, and new evidence. I'm rather sure my appeal has been with a dro for 6-12 months. Maybe a little longer. I do remember that when I first called 800# and they said my case was with a dro awaiting a decision that my ssdi records were pending as well. God I hope this, scanning in documents, means I won my case.

Did you request the DRO Review or a DRO Personal Hearing? While any and all New & Material Evidence could trigger the VARO review and possibly an award, you really won't know until you receive either an Award, SSOC continuing your Denial or get the notification letter regarding the date for your DRO Hearing.

Might be worth a trip to your VARO for a sit down either with your VSO Director or another VSO, to see what their computer shows.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I'm almost positive I asked for a personal hearing, but I did state on a separate letter I attached to my nod that I would wave a hearing if a discussion in my favor was made.

edit: When I asked the 800# person if she could give me details about this document scan she started to tell me that I could call back in 10 days if I don't get anything in the mail. I then asked her if that means a decision was made. She says that they, the 800#, don't get detailed info and that I should just wait the 10 days.

Edited by 11cvolley

So idk if the lady on the 800# is right, but she said my SSDI records are no longer pending, but the records say they got my ssdi records in April and now my claim says it's being processed. She then said when a decision is made i'll be notified. If they really did get my ssdi back in April this is a bad sign?