VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes And Gastro Intestinal

Rate this question

Berta

Question

While I was researching for a local vet I found this article from The Journal of Clinical Diabetes regarding diabetes and it's potential links to GERD and many other gastrointestinal disorders.

Might help someone here with a claim:

http://journal.diabetes.org/clinicaldiabet...42000/pg148.htm

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

He has been unemployed for about 9-years now. He is getting SSDI. He got approved for this when his leg was amputated. I believe the paperwork from the doctor to SSA stated severe PVD because of his diabetes. When I sent in my initial claim I did ask to be considered for IU. Then in March, along with a packet they sent me they also included the form for IU which I filled out and returned.

"Understanding all the med symbols and abbreviations can help a claim considerably".

I am still learning all of the abbreviations and everything I can about the codes and how the VA works.

I truely believe that because I claimed so many disabilities they probably don't know what to do with his case. My husband jokes and tells me they probably think based on his disabilities that he will drop dead any day. I hate it when he says this because once I got copies of his medical records I could not believe what all is wrong with him. I had always worked and was not with him when he went to doctor's appt's. So I only got his version and not the whole story. I don't think this was on purpose on his part, I think he only tends to hear what the doctor says "well I am going to give you this? med for this latest finding". He just does not retain anything else and/or he did not want to worry me. Also, I don't think the doctor's always told him everything they found. I have been educating myself in medical terms, symtoms, what this all means in relation to his major disabilities.

Now, I have not worked for over a year and am waiting to hear from SSA for my disability and trying to work on his VA case. Already went through our savings. It is getting tougher every day...

I wish I would have found this site before I put in our first claim to VA. I would not have claimed so many disabilities. I would have started with just a couple of the major issues and addressed the others later.

Oh well, can't go back now.

Brandy,

As per your email, yes I do work on weekends. I'm glad you were able to join. Give me a call this PM after 7 or so.

Bob Smith

Hey Bob,

Nice to hear from you. I know you've been busy. I had sent an e-mail to Tbird asking him if I could get a user name and password so that I could join.

Do you want me to call at 7 your time or mine?

• HadIt.com Elder

Arterioscelorsis is a big sencondary condition for DMII with a very strong relationship like cateracts. It is in the M-21. This is a potentially fatal complication of DMII for both probabilites of amputations and cardio-vascular disease. Very serious.