VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pithy Polemics

Rate this question

wallyg

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom." -- Fredrich August von Hayek (1899-1992), Nobel Laureate of Economic Sciences 1974

=

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.": Aesop - (c. 550 B.C.) legendary Greek fabulist

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."

Roger that Mr. Walter, it's as clear to me as when I unzip the rear plastic window

of my 1995 Miata MX-5 convertible, there is no longer a haze and I can see where

I've last been.

Nothing like a little retro to bring you back to posting, makes me smile with

happiness for you and yours.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."

Roger that Mr. Walter, it's as clear to me as when I unzip the rear plastic window

of my 1995 Miata MX-5 convertible, there is no longer a haze and I can see where

I've last been.

Nothing like a little retro to bring you back to posting, makes me smile with

happiness for you and yours.

carlie

Thanks Carlie, I'm glad there is somebody around who still understands English.

B) B) :P

• HadIt.com Elder

"It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear." —General Douglas MacArthur, Speech, May 15, 1951

=

"The shepherd always tries to persuade the sheep that their interests and his own are the same.": -- Stendhal [Marie-Henri Beyle] (1783-1842)French writer

=

Political language. . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind: George Orwell

Edited by wallyg