VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So Confused Of Whats Going On And It Started With Nod And Visit To Ro

Rate this question

lynnga

Question

Dx bipolar adjustment disorder with anxiety, depressed mood and sleep issues during bad/abusive and was hospitalized in 2003. Enlisted with past childhood abuse of 4 years was waived and cleared for service. When I got out of military in 06 was given 30% for above dx.

Seeking help for all and nobody else can say I'm bipolar so treated for other issues. Still getting worse regardless of seeing therapist once a week, pscych through va and my private insurance and marriage counseling.

So I went in to file a claim for increase rating because I'm so bad off now that I can't work, and I couldn't handle taking care of my 1&2 year old so we have them in daycare full time. Needed extra money to "make it". I went into my local vet office. He filed claim. During all this I had filed a claim in 2013 for divorce from 2nd husband to be removed and add on my now 3rd husband and 2 new kids. After 2 years almost was given a letter stating I owed money, but it was calculated wrong. They took my ex out and oldest son while I was still married and had my kid for 3 years. I received another later shortly after saying my claim for increased rating was denied because they couldn't get a hold of me for exam (nobody ever called).

Went back to my local vet rep who filed another nod on dependent claim because I was getting nowhere. He also asked that I be given new exam date since I didn't ever hear about geting one. He told me to come back following week to get a hold of east coast because it was closed by then regarding the debt.

Went back, he was on vacation, another rep told me I should head to regional office.

I did. . Showed them my debt paperwork and asked how to speed it up because I feared of not making mortgage and how I couldn't take care of my kids without daycare based on my mental health. Never once did I mention ptsd because I was not aware. Looking back at paperwork, the POA was checked and I signed.

Found out about ptsd, dx through private dr. Wrote va dr asking for eval she said we'd discuss at next appt. Called va number and asked how to go about getting a ptsd on the eval I was already given date for and they said the eval was for ptsd. I didn't understand because it was ordered before dx of dr, or me even knowing about it.

went to va local on monday to ask how to get temp 100% rating so I could get help through an inpatient program but we need to have money coming in to pay for my husband decrease in pay if he takes disability family leave. He told me to just wait until my appt date. But then he said my debt had been taken care of, I didn't believe him and he printed it out. I was given award money, and on top of that for all the years they added on special compensation for kids and husband.

I can no longer access certain med records. I have stuff just showing up on ebenefits but can't see anything. I can't see "appeal status" at all, says it's down until Sep. Anyone else?

There are all these codes I don't understand attached to "historical claims".

What is going on???? I called amvets and the lady said she'd have the person who filed nod for dependents and again put another letter on top of my local office about comp claim. I think they're helping me out, without getting me to do anything, maybe because it's all documented in my military record? I don't know?? But I have major trust issues so it makes me nervous. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do, I never physically filed a claim for ptsd and mst, but can they do that without me based on all the evidence that's already documented? I don't understand how I don't have to do anything, like it's being done for me or something. I have eval on 29.

lynnga,

Welcome to the VA roller coaster! Apparantly you are on the one that gets you awarded. Most of us are not. I don't have enough knowledge or experience to even begin to tell you where to go or what to do and when to do it. Except this...email allison.hickey@va.gov, she is the undersecretary of VA. She can help you. When you email, politely explain the severity of your situation. Let her know that you haven't been able to view anything on ebenefits, and no one seems to know anything when you call. I suggest you email ASAP, like today, even. So you can give her the most time to look into this for you. Most on here who have emailed her have been quite surpised at the turn of events.

I am praying for you and your family.

Semper Fi.

Andy

What does Ebenefits say, or your AB8 letter? Without you posting official Paper work on the site from the VA, all we will be doing is guessing. Sorry to hear of your issues but you need to upload something on here or show us something to work with. Good luck and God Bless!!!

I can't get on to see any paperwork on ebenefits, I get a yellow triangle with ! when I try and update my compensation info. Everything is being really weird. I called amvets and even the lady I spoke to said she can't see what is going on, only her boss can and she'd try to get him to call me back. I have not heard anything.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like you've been elevated/downgraded to a level 7(I think that's what it's called). It's where only a supervisor can look at or change your claim/file. As for filing a claim, once you sign a POA, it allows them to act as/for you.

As for them giving you any money real soon, good luck with that! The VA doesn't care what your problems are. I lost a house and had to file bankruptcy during my appeal process, which took 9+yrs to win. You can get emergency funds from the Service Orgs, but it's very limited. jmo

pr

4 hours at va to yesterday with mil. No answers really. Just saying mistakes made in paperwork. Guy ran upstairs asked about if I needed stressor claim and rater said no.

I'm exhausted. No help. Numerous calls to get me in treatment and how. Everyone says wait until after eval. I'm holding on by a thread. My file has so many stressors in it I don't even know how I "fell" through the system unrecognized. Guess you really do have to kill yourself to show ptsd or get help for it. No way I'm going back to a mental clinic full of men again for four days and people who don't relate to my issues. Sad you can call crisis line, women's mst coordinators, hospital themselves and still told to wait it out. I'm so tired I can sleep forever. I have no more fight in me. It just so happens my issues are on the brink of a 4 day weekend for most and my problems interfere with their good time. Let freedom ring.