VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reopen Claim Just Disappeared From Ebenefits

Rate this question

msattler

Question

After my denied claim being reopen and showing in ebenefits with a new start date the claim disappeared after one month it still shows the old closed claim in historical claims, I called my VSO and he said it is still open under review for reconsideration in the express lane. Why would it disappear.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

ebenefits is pretty nice, but not fool proof. I wouldnt count on seeing it come back from the other things ive seen on here. mine was a reduction proposal and disappeared after a month and then never reappeared the whole time during the 6 months of adjudication.

I would, once amonth...

IRIS and request written letter for status of claim as written proof if you may ever need it

And CALL to get a more immediate answer and to calm the nerves a bit

Its kind of crazy that it was just gone, were you receiving "were working your claim "letter from the va, my last claim was pretty accurate on ebennies updated quickly, I sent a iris response 4days ago and haven't heard anything yet ,how long do they take to respond?

"

I sent one last week, still no response. When I went on the site just now, my claim went back a step after being in awaiting decision for 2 months it is now back at review of evidence, which it never went in originally, that I saw. Maybe being punished for the IRIS? Who knows. Mine has disappeared before and done some other weird things, but it always shows back up. I wouldn't freak out yet, it may simply be a system issue and nothing to do with your actual claim.

mine was a special case. Since it was a predetermeination to reduce benefits from a decision. it probably should have been in the appeals portion and not claim status, hoewever it was during the 60 days to file NOD and submit evidence. after it disappeared a co worker put me in contact with a rater that was a friend. they were able to check and keep me up to date how the process was going. 99.73% of the time "No movement yet". Dealing with the VA is like combat, 99% boredom, 1% sheer terror.

In the last few months I have had all of the above happen on ebenefits, and had multiple new claims listed, that I did not open, as the RO opened them to try to Reduce me. As stated above Ebenefits is not the most accurate, but it sounds like you are alright bud, just give it a few days. Good luck

In the last few months I have had all of the above happen on ebenefits, and had multiple new claims listed, that I did not open, as the RO opened them to try to Reduce me. As stated above Ebenefits is not the most accurate, but it sounds like you are alright bud, just give it a few days. Good luck

Well as of this Morning my Re-open claim is back showing up on Ebenefits as gathering of evidence phase, with Request 1-request service treatment records due date 7-13-2015 and Request 2-O18 Personnelrcds-personel trauma: no longer required ,what ever that means ?