VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time For Ro's And So's To Be Responsible For Actions.

Rate this topic

Guest jstacy

Guest jstacy

After reading allot of posts on Hadit forums I am apalled at the level of ignorance and beligerance these rating officers have in adjudicating veterans claims. The veteran has to put up with mistakes and sometimes just plain abuse from these people who think they know it all. What really hit me hard was Bertas post about sending a deceased person for a C and P. That was the last straw. I have asked My Congressman to help. What do we need to do as veterans, Americans and Tax payers to get this problem solved?.

The first thing I can think of is to pressure congress to remove the protection for these people and let them stand responsible for their own actions. I want to see the opinions from other vets regarding the same issue. Service officers should face the same music when they totally screw up someones claim like mine when it took 10 years to straighten it out.

Anyway by reading the post you can assume that I have hadit.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jstacy,

The #1 reason why so many vets suffer is that there is no recourse for ROs if they do not follow congressional regualtions (title 38). The easiest and quickest fix to this problem would be to allow veterans to sue the ROs when they ignore regulations. The only thing that people care about in this nation is money and teh VA would go broke in a week if it had to answer for its crimes.

As far as SO's are concerned - They make a living by helping vets one case at a time...if they were to fix the system rather then string along vets one by one, they would be out of a job. If the DAV/AmVets/etc would stand up to the VA nationally and bring these problems to the public the VA would change over night (not holding my breath).

Well, I wrote all about Jane Sammon the S.O. for Rice County, MN, she hasn't taken responsibility for HER own actions for almost 10 years. How in the world could you ever trust a person like that with something as important as your VA claim?

If they will let someone like that be a S.O., then there is no hope!

Guest jstacy
jstacy,

The #1 reason why so many vets suffer is that there is no recourse for ROs if they do not follow congressional regualtions (title 38). The easiest and quickest fix to this problem would be to allow veterans to sue the ROs when they ignore regulations. The only thing that people care about in this nation is money and teh VA would go broke in a week if it had to answer for its crimes.

As far as SO's are concerned - They make a living by helping vets one case at a time...if they were to fix the system rather then string along vets one by one, they would be out of a job. If the DAV/AmVets/etc would stand up to the VA nationally and bring these problems to the public the VA would change over night (not holding my breath).

Jay, you are exactly correct. I wonder how many vets are out there and can cast a Vote.?

I know we can't hire lawyers to deal with the VA at the lower levels, but why is that? The VA must have come up with some kind of arguement why the lawyers would be a no no - and then there is probably the 'real' reason they don't want us to have legal representation. Hmmmm??? I wonder what that could be.

Riverman