VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% Success, Have A Few Questions With Award Letter

Rate this topic

bluelotus

Congrats on the good news, and that pay as stated above is based on 80% VA, and not permanent. Remember that once you are granted SC, you can always submit for an increase if a condition gets worse, or IU if you feel that the Disabilities keep you from working. Remember that if you have been working more then a few hours here In there, it will be harder to get IU. Also you can apply for SSDI anytime. Good luck and God Bless

I feel as though I've gotten a pretty good rating for my first go round, but if the conditions worsen, I definitely will do that. I haven't been working this year, since January and I've only had sporadic employment since 2010. One of the full-time jobs I had was in 2013 and the other was this past year, both no more than 6 months each. Both of them I had to quit because of my depression symptoms. What's the best way to show that I've been unemployed? Tax returns? or maybe a letter from friends/family?

Congratulations.

Rick

Thanks Rick!!

As far as I know there is no "hold" for your claims, once you apply, other than it takes VA forever. If the VA asked you for evidence, and you did not submit it timely, then your claim can be denied or delayed, yes. If you "applied" in 2014, even if you did not have all the evidence, your effective date should be 2014 UNLESS the doc said you did not become disabled until 2015.

Your effective date, is the later of the date you applied or the date the doc said you were disabled. There are some exceptions to this. The July 1, effective date is very suspect, and it sounds like you should appeal the claim, disputing the effective date.

You can apply for benefits, individually, at different dates, so the effective date can vary from issue to issue.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused because I've gotten the award letter, and it registers on ebenefits as 80%. Is there anything that comes after the award letter? I have a few pending disability claims that they said needed further examination. I hope that doesn't delay payment for what I HAVE been approved for. If it helps any in figuring this all out, I filed for a hardship grant due to my nearly being homeless again and owing rent to my landlady, I'm wondering if I will still be granted that grant.

I did not complete a fully developed claim until this past January, but if I can get retro from last year, that'd be wonderful.

Congrats...I had some of the same questions and awaiting the retro. Mine was laid out the same way as your are reporting and mine actually starts back to 2013. I think the cola aspect of this is very confusing as well but once you start getting paid...it should get sorted out. I had a couple of CP Exams on the same week that I revived my 80% award so things may be changing over the next couple of weeks. Anyway, just hang in there and I think it will get sorted out for you. I've heard that some of the retro payments are taking up to 2 or 3 months to sort out.

Did you get paid from 2013? I also have to add a dependent, my daughter, which should've been added from the getgo being that I had to submit a copy of her social and birth certificate. I believe I'll know more at the beginning of August if my start date for pay is July, correct? Should I have seen something about retro payment in the award letter?

I've attached pictures from my award letter of the disabilities I was approved for in the hopes that it might be of help in decyphering this issue. Thanks for all your help, folks!

c9ec0cf8_o.jpeg

892fb2d7_o.jpeg

251ad5bd_o.jpeg

b6732db3_o.jpeg

b5fdedbb_o.jpeg

2e5d1914_o.jpeg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information