VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inappropriate Post

I have been trying to help the son of a vet here whose dad not only has severe AO disabilities but who also might have definitely been malpracticed on by the VA

I went to this post this AM, trying to peal down all of the FTCA and 1151 info here into something a little less intimidating for the son ....

The link Carlie gave is for malpractice attorneys with VA FTCA experience:

http://www.koonz.com/

There are statements in this post that came from me and I contacted the law firm to see where they got my personal FTCA information.

Some of the statements are in quotes that I did not make , but others are directly from past posts I have made here.

You might not think this is an iimportant issue but as I stated to this law firm, my advice here is free...that isnt the problem, but it appears they were used from some of my prior posts here....and .there is no way this law firm knew of the multiple Peer Reviews done for my case.

I just found that I had used the law firm link myself as to their explanation of FTCA....

The nasty appearance of plagiarism has come up twice before in my 17 years here. One once also for Jim Strickland as you all might recall.

I have not heard back yet from the Koonz law firm but they are concerned too as to how information on my FTCA matter was posted from what seemed to be their link.

It should have been linked to the hadit posts it came from that I made.

It almost reads as if Carlie had a husband with a cerebral vascular accident etc etc. etc but I am that veteran's surviving spouse, not Carlie, and certainly never had any contact with the Koonz firm until today..

As I said this happened here to me before .My advice is free but not to be plagiarized.

If the VA had not malpracticed on my husband, I would not even be here because he had 2 promises I had to make hours before he died..

One of those promises was ,if the VA did cause his death, that I would help his brothers and sisters from Military Service to deal with the VA..

Can someone tell me how my info was put here verbatim yet not linked to the actual posts I made?

I know it is an old post , maybe it shouldn't matter.

But that law firm was as concerned as I was.

Edited by Berta

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

Berta there appears to be 3 posts 2 made by Carlie I believe where she just copied and pasted your information into a new post to pin to the top of the forum for reference. I do not know how the links to the law firm got in there and I removed them.

Not sure what else I can do. I did a search and here are the results "A Brief Overview of the FTCA Malpractice" site:www.hadit.com/forums

If you just search for FTCA here are the results "ftca" site:www.hadit.com/forums

Do you want me to take Carlie's post down?

No, I over reacted Tbird......I am sorry...... Carlie has been a God Send to us all here....

I guess it was my AMU experience. These online colleges are very strict as to not putting sources down or copying info without the actual hyperlink or source for the material.

The Marines would have booted me out at AMU even if I or anyone there even had the appearance of pasting intoa thesis something they did not write.

Carlie has done so much here to help others that she meant well on that post.....and the truth is vets or their survivors really need IMOs these days to succeed in any 1151 or FTCA issues. We here are actually limited in giving those vets advice because that takes a thorough review of their VA med recs and even if we find appearance of possible negligence, the VA doesnt care what we think., because we are not doctors..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use