VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Ellis Oklahoma Imo

Rate this question

rcorluvpr

Question

I used to him back in February for a wide range of conditions. I was in the middle of a NOD....and well...still am, but felt I needed more evidence, and Dr. Ellis is pretty well known and recognized. I made the 9 hour drive up to Oklahoma City the day before the scheduled examination, luckily also right before a major ice storm they had.

The hotel was literally a block away from the Ellis Clinic, so even an East Texas boy who is allergic to snow and ice could make it. They also give a room discount if you tell them you are a veteran getting an examination at the Ellis Clinic.

The examination went well and the staff were extremely professional and courteous. They didn't humiliate or treat me like just another number, and really spent time visiting with me.

Afterward, I took the wife and kids to the Oklahoma City bombing memorial and to a kid's science museum. We don't travel much, so I thought I would at least take advantage of the trip while I had come that far.

It took them about two weeks to generate an IMO report from the examinations, which was quite detailed, but did have a couple of errors. I made corrections, mostly for dates and typos, and then scanned and e-mailed back to them. This took several weeks to correct, but I imagine that they were busy with the new patients, and could only play catch up on the corrected reports.

However, they were always polite when I would call and check in, and I received the updated IME/IMO report consisting of about 10 pages.

I don't know how much it will help, but I sent it on to the VA immediately, and now the VA has scheduled me for a C&P, which I took yesterday and a CBC blood work draw this next Tuesday. I guess it unhinged something, because I had been in the Land of NOD since like December 2013, with nothing at all from the VA but "Mark who?".

I'll keep you posted on how well Dr. Ellis' IME/IMO's helped though. Good luck!

Mark

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for this post Mark maybe other veterans will see it.

...............Buck

rcorluvpr

Would you mind sharing the costs for the IMOs? I'm in Seattle and have no problem traveling to see a good doctor and if it's worth the expenses...good luck and godspeed...rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

Dr. Ellis is famous among those who have filed federal worker's compensation claims. There is such a thing as a "Schedule Award" which is a cash award for those who have suffered a work related injury to certain body systems. Dr. Ellis was known as the guy to see if you wanted the biggest award. I think if he is doing VA IME's then you are in good hands. I don't know what he charges but I bet it is worth it. I did not know he did VA claims IME's/IMO's. I know OWCP hated him with a passion because of his large awards to injured workers. I got five awards during my postal career for injuries I had due to work accidents and repetitive stress injuries.

rcorluvpr

Would you mind sharing the costs for the IMOs? I'm in Seattle and have no problem traveling to see a good doctor and if it's worth the expenses...good luck and godspeed...rootbeer22

Not sure what his rates are at the moment, but I was pleasantly surprised to pay $500.00 for the full IME/IMO for several conditions. That was the full and total cost for services. I also didn't have to pay a penny until I was physically at the Ellis Clinic, and about to have my examination performed. I'd say that they are A+ for these services and cost.

Some of my conditions are secondary to others, and he worked up a nexus report for each, linking each to the other and providing his medical reasoning of how each should be service-connected. Now once again, my disclaimer is that I am still in the Land of NOD, and I'm not a doctor, and I don't have anything yet on how potent his IME/IMO was in service-connecting my conditions, but hopefully I'll know soon, and when I do, I'll immediately report back in.

Hope I helped!

Mark

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use