VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Ellis Oklahoma Imo

Rate this question

rcorluvpr

Question

Hey Rootbeer hope you're doing well brother,

I went to the website ellisclinic.com and downloaded the packet info. I took me a few days to get all paperwork squared away. I had to make so many copies. According to the packet it's $500.00 for the 1st disability, and $50 for any other disability. I sent the packet 2 days ago, awaiting on the appointment info. I'll have go thru an exam for my Psych issues. I'm PTSD SC already, going for the increase. My Asthma claim was denied upon retiring in 2011, with plenty of proof and meds in my medical records both active duty and VA. I hope my info helps you.

The Crusty Ole Drill Sergeant 1991- 2011... God Bless......"Jumpers Hit it" " Rootbeer 22 this is rcor how copy over? "

• HadIt.com Elder

$500 for a good IME is cheap. Does he take insurance? Some IME doctors will take insurance and you pay what is left. I had an IME here in Tampa and that was the case. I paid about $100 out of pocket. When you go for the IME be sure to take C-File and SMR's for his to review. Even if he just glances at them it is important.

rcorluvpr "Copy that and reading you 5 by 5"

Just to let you'll know, my morale is much higher these days that my claim finally came thru (FDC Less than 12 months @ 80%) with all of that hard work paid off. In a word, I'm very "thankful' to you and everyone else that helped me along the way on this emotional roller-coaster ride. I did 13 DBQs originally to try and jump start the process and learned a great deal from this awesome board and the hadit.com contributors. I also learned a lot about what "can and does" go wrong with a Vets Claim while in the process. I must say that I was very impressed with the VBA rater that did my claim because they were very thorough and actually looked for other contentions for me? On the other hand, I had a couple of civilian docs that denied a couple of service connections for very obvious blast related injuries --because they appeared to have "no experience" in that field? However, I have an opportunity to do a NOD and think that Dr. Ellis may be the DOC that I'm going to use for the IMO/IMEs. Frankly, now I am on round #2 of the claim to work the deferred and 0% claims. Just prior to getting word of the 80%, I took a Cardiac and Ear blast related CP Exams and also saw that they were preparing for a decision on those soon? Who knows, it may push me up to 90% or so? One issue now is that my (Tank Related Injuries) claustrophobia really makes it difficult for me to go into a hearing booth now-a-days. I know it sounds silly but my chest gets really tight and the anxiety becomes almost overwhelming. It has nothing to do with the actual hearing test itself and I keep telling myself, that the "door is not locked" over and over in my mind? Most Civilians have no idea how we were affected by our time in the military? I'm not sure but I think it's because I was the first on scene when a soldier was run over by my CO's Tank in the field. During the investigation, it was found that the soldier was supposed to be awake on night perimeter guard duty. Apparently, decided to get a quick nap and the zipper on his sleeping bag go stuck (which was very common in the cold) and he could not get out in time? When I found him, I tore open the sleeping bag at the zipper and tried to give him mouth to mouth in the dark but could not get pressure--just a lot of blood? His lungs were crushed and punctured from his own ribs breaking internally. Anyway, for many many years, I 've had nightmares about him panicking & struggling to get out of the sleeping bag? Sometimes, during the nightmare, "it's me in the bag" trying to get out of it? I know that I could not have saved the soldier's life anyway...but it stays with me anyway? However, many years later I was once again the first person at the scene of an accident and saved a person's life. That later incident became great personal psychological therapy for me with the earlier trauma--because I made a difference that second time. That all said, it's wonderful to get a claims decision ---finally.....good luck and godspeed...

Edited by rootbeer22
  • HadIt.com Elder

Dr Ellis has been around for a long time and I have never heard anything bad about him.

Hey Tankerman / Rootbeer

I get where you're coming from. I've been around many, and worked along side many of good tankers. I even assisted with breaking tracks back when I was stationed at Fort Knox with the 2/10 Cav. / 194th Armored Brigade. Those guys were a trip and worked their Arshes off. I was the Commo guy / wire guy in the Unit. We as the commo section had our own track a 577. Good ole days, way before my Bragg Days and being on the trail. Look brother glad it's all working out for you. We are both in the same situation 80% SC for me at the moment, and working on some increases due to conditions getting worse. The Asthma that was denied which was BS, but Im gonna beat it!!!. it's all gonna be alright....God willing.

"Airborne All the Way"

Hey Rootbeer hope you're doing well brother,

I went to the website ellisclinic.com and downloaded the packet info. I took me a few days to get all paperwork squared away. I had to make so many copies. According to the packet it's $500.00 for the 1st disability, and $50 for any other disability. I sent the packet 2 days ago, awaiting on the appointment info. I'll have go thru an exam for my Psych issues. I'm PTSD SC already, going for the increase. My Asthma claim was denied upon retiring in 2011, with plenty of proof and meds in my medical records both active duty and VA. I hope my info helps you.

The Crusty Ole Drill Sergeant 1991- 2011... God Bless......"Jumpers Hit it" " Rootbeer 22 this is rcor how copy over? "

that's a great price for an opinion and its a lot more doctor like this out there that are good and you

can afford. You just have to look. I added to my favorites love the prices

Edited by RUREADY

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use