VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reevaluate Question

Rate this question

usmc1962

Question

Hi thanks for helping us all out with your knowledge. I have a question...I am 70% combined 4 issues..nothing in any of my award letters say anything about future exams..I am 52 just got my awards !ast year..I have been messed up for 30 yrs..50% PTSD..on my cp exam vamc Dr said I have been suffering since the day my stressor occurred... Just curious if I would expect reexam? Thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

You will still be subjected to future exams. It may be 5 yrs instead of every 2 yrs in my opinion. Inside your C-File has the date. If you have any other C&Ps it could trigger a reevalutation as well as a need for increase or If you seek TDIU. This is just my opinion.

I read somewhere in the VA Raters guidance literature, that 55 yrs old is the basic cut for not ordering re-rating exams without cause. Prior to 55 all C-File awards are "Diary Dated" 2-5 yrs for review and a possible Re-Rate C & P. At the very least, a review of the Vet's current medical file with an eye towards SC symptom improvement.

On 2 occasions in the past 11/2 yrs, I've had to contact the VA regarding a Primary Care nurse putting erroneous notes in my file regarding intake Mental Health questionnaires. You must review your My Healthy Vet Clinician notes, on a regular basis, Much better for you to catch the problem and correct it before a Rater thinks you've made a vast improvement and orders up a C & P aimed at reducing your SC%.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, and I agree with both statements above. Then again, I just had all of my high %s Re Evaluated, after I submitted my last FDC, and they were not due to be Reviewed until Feb 2016, so as you can see the VA came after me early. It backfired in their face, not only were all of my conditions %s continued, but the Ro increased my TBI from 30 to 50%. Good luck and truly wish you the best.

Okay so I went ahead and called Peggy the 1 800 number and they pulled it up and they said it's a very unique file and there is no scheduled future exam etc in the future looks like it's all written in stone he says its some of these can be rare cases where you're not going to be eval'd due to my age and disabilies