VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If It All Starts With The C-File, Then How The Heck Do We Get It?

Rate this question

ihateliver

Question

I call the VA and they hang up on me after they inform me I need to write a letter to the VARO in Baltimore. Ok what kind of letter? I visited the DAV there and the rep said that he completed a FOIA request for me but I don't see it in ebenes.

I have sat on my 40% for over 20 years without 1/100th of the knowledge I've been learning through this site. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I've been low balled.

I have most of my military records but I don't want to send duplicates of what the VA has reviewed. However I do not know how my ratings were reviewed.

Can anyone inform me on how to properly request my c-file? Thank you.

Today is the 3rd business day since I made my IRIS complaint about my C-File request.

[/quote I made a iris requesting the status of my claim 3 weeks ago and still no answer.

msattler,

This was the inquiry of the inquiry I made 2 months earlier. However this time I made it a complaint instead of a question. I am sorta hoping that the complaint designator will incite some interest somewhere.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have walked in and reviewed my C File in Waco Texas with no appointment. Each time a VA Councilor appeared with the C File and I was able to go through mine and others that we went together. The Councilors in Waco usually are Service Officers for VA and for me they were actually helpful. I did have to sign a form and I also can see how if they were busy that would cause a problem.

I also was able to get them to make copies of a few critical documents. After I won my claim I requested my free copy and got it in about 7 months but it was not a good job as documents that were front and back were not copied correctly and many were not even properly centered.

Supposedly we are close to being able to puch a blue button and get them on our own. I will believe it when I see it.

It should be that way, digital access. We'll see what happens. I can't even view my DBQ's bc they were outsourced, so I can't even try to refute anything or expand anything before a decision is made.

Talon,

I feel bad for you, being in a location where you get farmed out for VA service. Dang, just one more thing to hinder your travels down the yellow brick road!