VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Nsiads Warning From Fda

Rate this topic

NSAIDS FDA update

"FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA strengthens warning that non-aspirin nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can cause heart attacks or strokes

[ 7-9-2015 ]"

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm451800.htm

This was reported on Fox News yesterday as well and the information in that link is VERY concerning.

We must know exactly what we are prescribed by VA and make sure meds are not contraindicated by other meds.

This AM, forget what thread, I again mentioned how Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) was part of my FTCA case.

The VA prescribed this med for my husband to take 4 times a day for 6 years.

We believed he had a serious sinus problem.

I proved he never even had a sinus problem. This was resolved by VA in April 2015, 20 years after his death.In addition to all other charges I made against then under 1151 and FTCA, resolved long ago, that this too ( VA prescribed Sudafed) was found to have been an additional malpracticed situation

that contributed to his death.

Edited by Berta

I ALWAYS go home and do a search and read all the possible side effects and interactions before I take it. A couple weeks ago, I received a prescription for Lyrica (not VA, AD TriCare provider) and when I got home, found it had an interaction with the Zyrtec they already had me on. I decided to go ahead with the Lyrica and cut out the Zyrtec, but the interaction caused symptoms I already had, so it could have caused a big problem / mix up. I also try and get my family to watch for any 'symptoms' bc I have found that many are harder to detect by me when I am the one taking the med.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dang Ms berta my pcp just put me on Sudafed (pseudoephdrine) because of sinus or post nasal drip?

I notice the last 3 or 4 months I have a coughing spree several times a day and at night after going to bed!

I addressed my pcp about it and she had me to take x-rays of my chest x-ray Doc says I have no Abnormalities ...but something is causing my coughing? otc meds like Robitussin and other supposable good meds don't seem to be helping.

This scares me VA is my only healthcare at present.

I don't Smoke or Drink Alcohol.

Also MH has been changing my meds up lately taking me off this and prescribing me that & stop taking so so and take this instead the latest change was taking me off Doxazosin & Trazodone and start taking Prazosin

And I am currently taking meds for enlarge prostate(tamulosin & flestride <ms that my pcp has me taking.

& I take other meds for other issues.

I am so screwed up I don't know what to do...when I say to them ''you guys have me taking so much stuff its hard to believe your credible Dr's

This is a training hospital and us veterans are the Ginny-pigs and they don't seem to care what the after effects will be. eh!

If I could afford it I'd sure use outside Dr's

..........Buck

Edited by Buck52