VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Copy Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

We got a copy of the N.P.s record who performed the C&P on my husband last month.

Her diagnosis is:

DMII

Lower extremity Peripheral Neuropathy

Coronary Artery Disease

Hypertension

ED

she deferred the Hearing and Tinnitis, my husband just had hearing tested at the VA a few months ago. Shows hearing loss to sound and speaking tones. The VA says no connection, Dr. Bash says yes.

She did not give Peripheral Neuropathy for the hands, but made a note in the record that my husband complained about loss of strentgh in his hands and pain radiating from the hands into the elbows. Dr. Bash noted peripheral neuropathy in the hands.

She deferred cataracts, Dr. Bash connected as secondary to DMII.

All in all there was alot to do in one exam. She wasn't entirely right on about everything, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I am sure we will have to appeal peripheral neuropathy in hands and also hearing and tinnitis.

After reading her report and looking at the schedule of ratings I think the following is where she put the rating on these:

DMII-20%

PN lower-20% each foot

CAD-30%

Hypertension-10%

ED-20%

If this is the rating could someone do the VA math on this for me?

I think all of these if they are awarded with these percentages are "low balled". Especially the DMII, it should be at 40% but my husband has been trying to stay off the injectable insulin. She also said no exercise restrictions but his doctor said no exercise because of the heart. ????? I still think if the rating board listens more to her than to the IMO doctor it will be low at 20 %.

I have one question- Does anyone know how the heart problem will be rated if there are multiple heart conditions. for example, coronary artery disease and artheriosclerosis, Ischemic heart.

Do they combine and then rate or pick one and rate?

Thanks for your imput,

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

6 answers to this question

67.744 or rounded up to 70 percent.

My C@P examiner rated it as Hypertensive heart disease. Long history of hypertension. There are Rules against pyramiding so the heart will be rated under 1 rating. ( Heart ratings have the same criteria)

What was your husbands Ejection Fraction?

Guest jangrin

Hi JStacy,

She rated him at METS equals 7

His ejection fraction is 59% by perfusion

BP 182/87 and 179/82

calcium score 1720 (normal for his age 95)(400 very high risk)

Failed Stress Test

VA won't do the angiogram-afraid things will go wrong and too risky????

According to the schedule it looks like 30% to me. But I know he has blockage and with angio the EF will be lower.

Jangrin

Bless your heart Girl. It looks like a 30 percenter to me 2. My EF was 53 on VA Thallium test and 51 on Heart Cath. If he has a Blockage, I would get an outside MD to do the heart cath. There are some blockages that cannot be repaired by Angioplasty. Did they explain why his systolic BP so high, It is rare to see that. Usually Diastolic is the One that is High.

Guest jangrin

No one has said anything about the BP except take the meds, which he does. and I didn't know to ask. We are getting settled in now and my husband is waiting for an appt. with his new doctor. I think there will be a lot more questions and a different approach by us when he does see the doctor..

Where we are living there is a small outpatient clinic. I've been by there a couple of times doesn't look really swamped so I think we made the right decision to have his file changed to the smaller clinic.

He has one more year to wait before he is eligible for Medicare. So we are stuck with the VA for now.

I have the portable d-fib on the counter in the kitchen. I'm not sure if it makes me feel better that we have it or if it makes me feel bad that we have to have it. I think I would feel better if they VA would authorize a

heart cath but they don't want to do that either.

Jangrin

Guest jangrin

Thanks jstacy,

I will, I think we are in the final stages of this waiting game. We were told the cfile is at the raters. I don't think they are going to schedule any more C&Ps, it seems her exam was DMII and secondarys. It will be interesting to see how much weight she is given for her exam compared with the exam with Dr.Bash. The VCAA letter stated that they had the records from Dr. Bash. He did a 2 hour physical exam and report not just an IMO.

We'll have to wait and see.

Jangrin B)

Edited by jangrin