VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4th Denial

Rate this question

gbennett

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I sure hope you mean- evidence--- when you say Ammo-----

As I recall this was a PTSD claim (USN?)denied due to lack of verified stressors.Please correct me if I am wrong-

Also I think you sent them a buddy statement-which they should have considered but might not have given it any weight.

If you give us more info perhaps we can help find corroboration of the stressor.

Most ships and military units have web sites and there might be something you overlooked- was this an incident that would have been in the Navy Times, or in the ships logs? Some ship's historys are on line too.

If this involved the death of a sailor, it should have a way to confirm that-

Was the buddy statement an eye witness acoount and did the buddy tell the VA what put him in same place as you at same time to witness the stressor? Such as same MOS etc.

Would your CO or Ship's Captain have recollection of this and provide a statement?

Did you send letters home about this event and would a family member or friend back home be able to send additional buddy statement to support it?

Do your personnel records have any nexus statements as to the stressor? Or as to a change in your performance due to the stressor?

You never told us much about the stressor-maybe we could help more if we knew what it was-

The only real "ammo" with the VA is clear and convincing evidence.

Do you have a service org representing you -and what do they suggest?

• HadIt.com Elder

gbennett,

Where did you go?

Berta remembers your claim as being PTSD and not verified stressors. Maybe you are suffering from Anxiety and it may be called PTSD. but it is not the same.

If you look at claims at the BVA there is a difference.

It is a confusing rat race, and believe me the R.O will do their best to confuse you.

I have been there, and have had to back track and try to beat them at their own game.

Josephine

Send me a personal message.

I will help you.

• HadIt.com Elder

What is the name of the ship & when were you on that ship? Long shot, but might be able to find info.

Don Evans

USAF

Vietnam Vet

100% PTSD (TDIU) & 100% Prostate Cancer