VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing Appeal

Rate this question

texbuf

Question

I need help filing an appeal. I am on 100% health coverage and had VA pre-approved brain surgery which I recovered from quickly. VA then refused to fill my post op scripts resulting in a stroke 2 weeks later. I have a statement from my neurosurgeon (referred to by VA) that states this was the cause. The VA commission (federal) flatly told me that I cannot appeal when my letter says I can. Advocates have been worthless and even my Congressman is frustrated. How can I find someone to help me sort things out and get things done? Since my stroke I am very limited on what I can do. It is also concern that being knocked out in basic training, then later going to sick duty, being returned to duty with no care, and then ordered back to sick bay by my CO when my ear was draining blood and requiring hospitalization that this was beginning of my aneurysm. My stroke and my 30 day stay is NOT covered by VA and they state that it was not approved by the VA yet my neurosurgeon says I did the right thing by calling 911.........been fighting since my hospital discharge on 21 Dec 14

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question