VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Able To See Appeal On Ebenefits

Rate this question

Julie1975

Question

I know that the new and improved appeals is supposed to launch in September but I was doing my daily eBenefits check and noticed something odd. On my dashboard, under disabilities, I scrolled to the bottom to see my pending disabilities. I noticed that everything I applied for as an increase was listed twice. For example, I applied for "Individual Unemployability" and it was also listed separately as IU. Some items that were added seemed off, as if there was a rush to put it in-system (total speculation on my part). My CTS major hand is actually my right vs left etc.

Anyway, I clicked on the added items and it pulled up as an appeals status with a completion date and status = preparation for decision. I also noticed as some point my file was moved to a temp RO of St. Paul.

Just wanted to share with y'all. My appeal wasn't listed anywhere else but this specific location.

ebenefits is undergoing a major overhaul / problem(s) today.

from ebenefits ...

The following features will be unavailable from 1500 to 1900ET: Submit forms online for Disability Compensation, Benefits Based on PTSD, Benefits Based on Unemployability, and View Compensation & Pension (C&P) Claims Status and Upload Supporting Documents. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The VA is also taking almost every feature offline. I think they have a corrupted database and they are repairing it.

In the meantime, you might try the mobile version to achieve you appeal status goal(s).

It is located at ...

m.ebenefits.va.gov

I just checked and it is working fine.

Mine says "Pending Decision Approval" under pending disabilities for several on appeal, but the list looks old and doesn't look accurate, and also doesn't list the new claims I have on file. I won't hold my breath.

Goodness only knows what weirdness is going on at eBenefits HQ lately.

Mark

Mark,

Mine also says pending decision approval and some of the items aren't accurate (looks like they were sloppily hand-jammed). The estimated completion is 6/13/2015 - 07/22/2015. I'm hoping it sorts itself out. Looks like my appeal is just waiting my C&P from last month.

Are you with the Houston RO?

Mark,

Mine also says pending decision approval and some of the items aren't accurate (looks like they were sloppily hand-jammed). The estimated completion is 6/13/2015 - 07/22/2015. I'm hoping it sorts itself out. Looks like my appeal is just waiting my C&P from last month.

Are you with the Houston RO?

Julie,

Yep, I've been in the Houston VARO spider web since June, 2010, and still wading through the Land of NOD. How about you?

Mark

Mark,

I'm also with the Houston RO (live in San Antonio). eBenefits states my case has been farmed out to St. Paul though. My NOD was submitted Nov 2014 but eBennies states 26 Jan 2015. To be honest, I was surprised to have my C&P exams so soon.