VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About A Recent Fdc

Rate this question

Smirak

Question

I am 90% combined for a multitude of things. I applied in Jan 2015 and was awarded June 2015. On the advice of my C&P examiner, I filed a secondary claim for other conditions. Basically, the examiner said "why didn't you file for xxx and xxx? Your medical records certainly support that." So, shortly after the award in June 2015, I filed another claim, this time a FDC. I logged onto ebenefits on Friday to help my brother answer a couple of questions he was having prior to his C&P appts about the same time (on Friday). I was "pleasantly surprised" to notice that my claim had moved from "gathering evidence" to "preparation for decision" with a note of "development letter sent". I said I was pleasantly surprised because I filed on 6/20/2015 and it changed to prep for decision on the 16th or 17th of July. However, I didn't have any C&P exams for any of the "newly claimed" conditions. My first claim (stated above) was not a FDC, so I wasn't sure if the difference between the two was because this one was a FDC and I wouldn't be getting any C&P appts?

Thanks.

Kevin

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

it sounds like you will be awarded just my opinion .(there still working on) is good!  if you were denied it don't take them long to work on that  eh!

the reason is when you submitted the FDC you must have had all your ducks in a row! (all probative evidence)

when you get your decision on this one  let us know what there reasons and bases were...it could help other veterans.

...............Thanks

............................Buck

As long as all necessary medical evidence is in your C File, your claim should stay an FDC, if more evidence is needed it will become a Regular Axx claim. If it stays an FDC, I've had 2 separate award decisions within 4 months of the C&P.

Your current rating was 85+ rounded to 90%, right? Your going to need, what, a new SC rated at 50%+ to get to 100% Schedular. Check the Ratings Calculator. What's your guesstimate as far as how your secondary conditions line up with the 38 CFR 4?

Was there any mention in your 90 rating letter of a "Deferred IU Claim?" Even if your still able to work and earn in excess of $12,400 per year, you may want to begin educating yourself about the Individual Unemployability Rating rules and regs. That PTSD 70% rating usually includes severe employment issues.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

My rating was rounded to 90%.  I'm not necessarily trying to get to 100% as I have a good job that I enjoy and pays me well.

As of today, it's still prep for decision.  I sent an inquiry to IRIS about a week and a half ago (the 5 business days to respond didn't happen in my case) so I'll wait to see what they say.  The 800 # is clueless.

Kevin

At what point do I try and contact someone else?  Ebenefits isn't updating, the 800 # doesn't offer any assistance, the chat window is never online and my IRIS inquiry wasn't answered in the 5 business days that they say it would be?

Thanks,

Kevin