VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Timeline Or Completion Date On Ebenefits.

Rate this question

msattler

Question

Has anyone ever had this under claim details: Estimated completion-At this time your regional office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim. My Claim is a re-open in the gathering of evidence phase, its a single contention FDC. Thanks

My first claim stayed like that for 18 months, until it was decided. My second claim has said that since I filed it last month. Just par for the course.

Edited by seejeremy

My first claim stayed like that for 18 months, until it was decided. My second claim has said that since I filed it last month. Just par for the course.

How many contegents were you claiming ? was it in FDC ? I only have a claim for one issue in a FDC so I hope this is done before my deadline as it is a reopen and I will have to file a NOD before May 2016 which is the deadline.

My claim shows something after denial of drop and then emailed Allison Hickey they showed new claim in progress eligibility requirements claim with no time estimated for finish,this popped up with the date of claim the same day I email Allison.

How many contegents were you claiming ? was it in FDC ? I only have a claim for one issue in a FDC so I hope this is done before my deadline as it is a reopen and I will have to file a NOD before May 2016 which is the deadline.

Sorry, just seeing your question. My first claim had around 10 contentions that the VA had rated 2 years earlier while I was active duty. It was an FDC claim. My new claim is 4 contentions that are all new and based on the VA recommendations from my first claim. It is not an FDC claim.

There really is no set pattern to how they decide the general time frames. I had a few recently that were listed as a 6 month estimated time of completion, and 2 of them were completed in about 10 weeks.

I have one, now in prepping for decision phase, that was initiated this past May, that estimates completion between 10/15 and 03/16. But this one had been listed as no estimated time due to type of claim. It was filed as "foot condition L, to include plantar fasciitis. I mailed them a 30 page evidence packet the same day. Took 6 weeks for any movement, which started with a phone call from the Philly VARO. They wanted to know if this claim was "real", I said "Yes", they said "okay, we forwarding to your VAMC for C&P scheduling. That took 2 weeks before exam was scheduled. Went to exam and discovered the foot condition claim, L, was now a bilateral foot condition, to include plantar fasciitis. This one has been fermenting since late 1992. So...who knows.

There really is no set pattern to how they decide the general time frames. I had a few recently that were listed as a 6 month estimated time of completion, and 2 of them were completed in about 10 weeks.

I have one, now in prepping for decision phase, that was initiated this past May, that estimates completion between 10/15 and 03/16. But this one had been listed as no estimated time due to type of claim. It was filed as "foot condition L, to include plantar fasciitis. I mailed them a 30 page evidence packet the same day. Took 6 weeks for any movement, which started with a phone call from the Philly VARO. They wanted to know if this claim was "real", I said "Yes", they said "okay, we forwarding to your VAMC for C&P scheduling. That took 2 weeks before exam was scheduled. Went to exam and discovered the foot condition claim, L, was now a bilateral foot condition, to include plantar fasciitis. This one has been fermenting since late 1992. So...who knows.

I only Have 1 condition claimed as an FDC, it was reopened on May 20th, I sent in all medical documentaion private and Govt. along with a DBQ and private Doctor medical opinion with MRI results from a radiologist,its pretty cut and dry and they have everything needed to make a decision.