VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Granted

Rate this topic

amirsun

• HadIt.com Elder

You can file an appeal for denial of Chapter 35. That is what I did when I just got TDIU. Why wait 5 years for P&T? If you have evidence that your claim is permanent you can present it as an appeal. You can get an IME for this. I did it within one year of my TDIU rating. It will take the VA a year or 18 months just to review your claim. I got an IME that said my condition was permanent which it was and is. If you have MDD it is not just going to vanish. It will always need treatment and observation to make sure you don't fall out of bed again.

John

Great News, Congratulations! amirsun. john999 appeal Ch35 denial with an IME idea----His input spotlights how veterans may apply proactive options. that can shortens the tick-tock of VA's P&T clock so your dependents can receive P&T benefits faster. At least that's my understanding of john999 and I believe all veterans should do whatever it takes now while we're still fit-to-fight VA to reduce our survivors VA stressors before departing this life. Thank you for your service and God Bless!

Jumpmaster

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use