VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know How To Get Qtc Cp Exam For Medical Puposes

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I've had Hypertension Issues since my early days in Kuwait and was hospitalized there for several days for a kidney stone and kidney issues. Recently, I was service connected at 0% for hypertension. Anyway, much later, I ended up with 3 large marble sized cysts on my Kidney's. Anyway, so, around 1998, when I was still active in the Army, I started having chest pains that would not go away. So, they gave me an heart echocardiogram back then and found some heart valve regurgitation problems. As a result, from that time on, I've had chest pains and carried around nitro to relieve the angina. Anyway, 30 days ago, I had another echocardiogram for my disability claim but they were done by the contractor QTC. Anyway, I've been having more issues over the last couple of days and wanted to know if anyone knows the best way to access that echocardiogram from a VA QTC contractor? Overall, l know the test costs around 3-4 K , so I was glad that the VA did the test mainly so I can get a status of how I am doing now and if my heart valve is Ok or getting worse? Anyway, I've been really tired and fatigued and figure it's just the sleep apnea getting the best of me? Frankly, I know it could take almost a year to get the QTC results...so does anyone know the best way to get these results for medical reasons despite being for CP exams? I would prefer that my Non VA-PcP get the results first , mainly because he knows my cardiac conditions better than anyone else at the VA? I've tried to avoid having the VA treat me because they are so busy now...but if it's my only option, then I could be seen by them as a last resort--to see the echocardiogram ----maybe?

So, does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing and know what's the best way to get a contractor completed QTC echocardiogram that was done 30 days ago....Specifically for a CP Exam?

Thanks in advance....rootbeer22

Folks:

As always great advice from you all and thanks for the help. Just from these conversations, it's clear that the rules in dealing with this kind of thing are all over the scale? One Vet asks for CP Exam Contractor records and gets them with no problem and another does the same and can't get them at all..go figure? Frankly, if the electrocardiogram was done at a VA facility they would just show up on EHealthyVet which is very nice....

If you are having chest pains, GO TO THE ER IMMEDIATELY! You can be assured that your condition hasn't improved over the years; and you can be assured that it hasn't remained constant. So the only other option is that it has worsened. GO TO THE ER!

In my experience, VA and QTC quacks don't like to expose their incompetence to outside professionals, so ask your private doctor to ask QTC for the C&P report. It may work and and it may not, but it is worth a try.

My VAMC will give me all of my medical records on CD right while I sit there. I have to go to Imaging to get CDs of any Xray, MRI etc. But I get them immediately. Maybe other VAMCs are different.

Edited by GuaymasJim