VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Happy Birthday

Rate this question

dougbo1943

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I sure second that!

Happy Birthday to the men and women of the

UNITES STATES MARINE CORPS!

By the way MARINES!

Pres. Bush just announced to the parents of Lance Cpl Dunham, deceased, Iraq, at the big Marine Corps Museum celebration today in Quantico that Corporal Dunham has posthumously received the Medal of Honor.

Dunham, with no regard at all for his safety- selflessly threw himself onto a grenade and saved two Marines.

He died a few days later of his horrific wounds from this brave act.

The new museum's odd trangular roof shape is actual a representation of the Flag raising at Iwo Jima.

Many of my teachers are in that crowd as they are based at Quantico.

Cpl Dunham's act of courage is even more unforgetable to Marines who knew him- his birthday would have been today-the Corps Birthday too.

I work for a small aviation company that fly Learjets and Falcon aircraft. We have appox 60 employees. Today for the 13th straight year we had a cake for the USMC birthday. We only have 3 marines. It is of interest to note that over the years most of the people know and share our birthday but don't know the birthday of the other services. The deli messed up our cake today and it was the worse looking cake in marine history. But like all good marines we still ate and shared our cake with all hands.

Gunny