VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Menier's Syndrome To Include Tennitus And Vertigo

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Good Morning Everyone:

It's been a nice week for Democrate's and hopefully Veteran's:

Yesterday we recieved the little white envelope from DVA about Menier's Syndrome, We filled form 6205 a month or so ago, he had his C&P for hearing Oct. 13th and she stated that his hearing loss was not due to service connection, ( which was totaly off the wall, cause it stated on his discharge papers) Anyways How will that play out on the claim for meniere's? We have not recieved a rating as of yet, and when we do we will file NOD for hearing. I guess with her saying not service connected will this then wipe out the menier's claim. There is no other reason for his vertigo, and we do have medical evidence that he does have vertigo, with no help from therapy, this we also sent in. Should we resend in this evidence with the VCAA response he needs to sign. because as of now we have no other information or evidence to give. In the mean time I have made an appointment with a neuroligist but that will be about 3 months from now.( This would with our HMO Dr.'s).

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
There is no other reason for his vertigo, and we do have medical evidence that he does have vertigo, with no help from therapy, this we also sent in. Should we resend in this evidence with the VCAA response he needs to sign. because as of now we have no other information or evidence to give. In the mean time I have made an appointment with a neuroligist but that will be about 3 months from now.( This would with our HMO Dr.'s).

Hi John M,

I have no service connection for the illness, as I have had vestibular disease since 1994. I have excellent hearing, but had that horrible attack with the vertigo and the world spinning so fast, that it wouldn't stop. This spinning lasted about a little over a month, but it has left me completely falling over my feet. I must take antivert before I go to bed at time, as I feel that I might as well be on a flying carpet. The pill helps to ground me down.

When the attack first hit me, I had my two granddaughers sit in front of the couch in the floor, so that I wouldn't feel like I was going to fall off.

This illness is terrible. The Neurologist will be of so much help to you with this illness.

I know that there are others on this site that indeed have Meniere in the true sense and will be able to help you with your questions, as there's is like your husbands, attacks and not know when they are coming.

Mine, from what all doctors can tell came from an innocent sinus infection that left a short or brain stem damage, from the nerve of the ear to the brain.

I would make sure that the doctor acknowledged your husbands hearing loss in service, but just wanted you to know that you may have one illness without the hearing loss.

Sure hopes this helps and doesn't confuse you. You may read futher if you do a search on Vestibular in humans and (not dogs) on the internet.

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
There is no other reason for his vertigo, and we do have medical evidence that he does have vertigo, with no help from therapy, this we also sent in. Should we resend in this evidence with the VCAA response he needs to sign. because as of now we have no other information or evidence to give. In the mean time I have made an appointment with a neuroligist but that will be about 3 months from now.( This would with our HMO Dr.'s).

Hi John M,

I have no service connection for the illness, as I have had vestibular disease since 1994. I have excellent hearing, but had that horrible attack with the vertigo and the world spinning so fast, that it wouldn't stop. This spinning lasted about a little over a month, but it has left me completely falling over my feet. I must take antivert before I go to bed at time, as I feel that I might as well be on a flying carpet. The pill helps to ground me down.

When the attack first hit me, I had my two granddaughers sit in front of the couch in the floor, so that I wouldn't feel like I was going to fall off.

This illness is terrible. The Neurologist will be of so much help to you with this illness.

I know that there are others on this site that indeed have Meniere in the true sense and will be able to help you with your questions, as there's is like your husbands, attacks and not know when they are coming.

Mine, from what all doctors can tell came from an innocent sinus infection that left a short or brain stem damage, from the nerve of the ear to the brain.

I would make sure that the doctor acknowledged your husbands hearing loss in service, but just wanted you to know that you may have one illness without the hearing loss.

Sure hopes this helps and doesn't confuse you. You may read futher if you do a search on Vestibular in humans and (not dogs) on the internet.

Always,

Josephine

It sounds like being SC for menieres may not happen. Your going to need strong medical opinion with a diagnoses of meniere's and that the hearing loss noted in service is likely to have been early symptom of meneires.

Also, if you don't have it, you should get the C&P report for the hearing loss. Check out the examiners qualifications, and find out what the C&P procedures for hearing are. Make sure it was done correctly. In this case I would make sure the examiner had read service medical records. If there is no mention in the report that SMR's had been studied, demand a new C&P.

IMO's are your best bet.

Time

• HadIt.com Elder
February 18, 1968, patient was wounded in combat, U.S. Army, Vietnam, with fragment wounds to the left leg and left facial mandible near the left ear. RE. SMR, Standard Form 502, Clinical Record, February 21, 1968, 24th Evac Hospital, 45th Surgical Hospital (RVN). Complained about ringing in the ears.

fragment wounds to the left leg and left facial mandible near the left ear.

Congratulations,

Excellent!! Above is your nexus!

Josephine