VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Worker Told Me Im Screwing His Company?

Rate this question

killemall

Question

So....

July 2014 I was bumped from 40 to 70 percent.

However I was denied sc for both knees...depression...sleep apnea and hypertension.

March 2015 I started the quick claim process for those issues plus a few others where I will be submitting more evidence once ready.

I decided that I should do a NOD for the issues that were not service connected in my July 2014 award letter since my one year window was almost closed.

The point was to make sure I could secure my back pay on those issues in the case that the va does SC some of them.

I explain why Im doing the NOD to the VA counselor and he tells me Im trying to screw his company.

I said what company?

He said the VA.

I explained that hes not a car insurance officer who is telling me that they dont wanna pay for my busted car.

I was very mad and pointed to the hearing aids ive been wearing 13 years since I was 22 and exclaimed..

Im xxxxxxx broken! Im not a car. Im a guy who did what I sighned up to do and you are here for me and not any xxxxxxx insurance company.

I then told him Ive never complained about anything in my life but I was considering going to higher about his remark of me screwing his company.

His composure changed very quickly and he filled out the NOD for me.

Whew....I was pissed off!!!!!

Anyways...is it true that a NOD can make me wait three years like he was saying?

In the past I would just do a nod within one year to show I disagreed and then submit claims for the same issues I disagreed with and a year later Id get my award and retro pay for the issues that were now service connected.

The nod was just used to lock in my origional claim date.

Has somthing changed???

Why is he saying two to three years?

Also. Can I just submit my new evidence for these decisions I disagreed with today into the quick claim process???

Or is somthing not gonna jive???

Thanks for any help and damn he pissed me off!!!!!