VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular Vs. 100% Tdiu

Rate this question

vaf

Question

Does anyone here see any advantage to a 100% schedular-rated veteran pursuing TDIU at the point he can no longer work?

PTSD is not a factor here, although organic mental syndrome is (already rated at 60%). Lumbar back currently rated at 40%, cervical spine problems currently rated at 20%, but we have an appeal in and an IMO that stated the condition warrants an increase to 40%. Other conditions too, and I see the day coming when this information will be important for us to have on hand.

Is there any advantage when it comes time to file for SSD, or any other reason that might make it a good idea to do this when the time comes?

Thank you, I value your opinions.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

As far as money wise, there is no difference between 100% schedular and 100% IU.

Vike 17

There is a hell of a difference if your a retiree drawing a military retirement check, TDIU will of set it while 100 schedular will not

• HadIt.com Elder

Brandy

Sometimes the VA will grant P&T status with the award of 100% or TDIU and sometimes you have to ask for it. I had to ask for it via an appeal. I was specifically denied Chapter 35 benefits so I appealed that and was eventually awarded P&T along with the TDIU. I had to fight the VA every step of the way for every benefit. SMC is a subject that is a world of its own. Somethings you need to be 100% schedular for and somethings you don't. Keep asking for all possible benefits and you keep your claim open as far as the effective dates. There is so much good advice from other posters I can't add much except to say just keep appealing.

TDIU will offset his retired pay so its is no gain. If you get 100% schedular you get it all. Is he drawing any SC% now? If he is you realize his retirement check is minus the amount of the money he gets for his VA disability. but he gets CDRP to replace some of it. When you get tdiu your retirement pay will be offset until 2009. I am at 60%, they offered me TDIU and I told them forget it, it would get me additional benifits but it wouldnt get me any more $$$$. My retirement would be reduced, my x wifes 50% would get reduced and she would take me back to court. If the VA would properly do my claim I would be way over 100% schedular and thats what I am fighting for.

Guest rickb54

FLHRCI

That would depend on the retirement status of the veteran.

Those retired Over 20 years who get 100% also get concurrent receipt and no offset of retirement and in some cases even get combat related special compensation

Those retired at 19 years and 364 days or less were screwed by congress and their service was spit upon even if they are combat disabled they do not get concurrent receipt or combat related special compensation.