VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hey Folks, Got A Question.

Rate this question

CVET04

Question

Hello,

I am new to the site don't know if this has been covered already. I was looking at my Ebenefit site under claim disabilities and it listed me with tinnitus sc 10%, degen athur back and knees 10 % and PTSD 70 % (non combat). I don't understand the non combat part. My ptsd is directly related to combat. What does this mean?

• HadIt.com Elder

Theres a difference in being in actual combat vs being in enemy hostile terrority...why I don't know? just a reason for them to try to deny your claim....but don't worry to much about it I think that it will be ok.

you should appeal this decision and ask for 100% but that's totally up to you.

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Thanks for the help guys, I guess the guy at the c&p put that on there. I don't know why, my problems are a direct result of combat and ied explosions. I was wondering if it affected anything.

CVET04,

Were you awarded a CIB, CAB, or any type of combat badge? If so, was that documentation submitted with your claim? My file states Combat Related PTSD and I'm sure it was because they have my orders for receiving a Combat Action Badge. My two cents.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Obviously VA made a mistake. Its not the first time they seldom get it right the first time. My experience is not always easy to get it fixed but you can. Service Rating for PTSD no matter what they call it has the door open for higher ratings all you need is some medical documentation. Are you working if so you did pretty good if you are not working you need to appeal.

Good Luck Hadit can help you.

I did get the CAB, I do not currently work.  I was a gunner for convoy security and on psd team. The VA has me listed as sc and the 70% ptsd, but out to the side of it says non-combat related. The shrink I see every two weeks says its no big deal, I feel it is or they wouldn't have put that on there. I am going to appeal for 100% . Thanks for the input and advice. I will include my CAB in the paperwork.