VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Question On Myebenefits Page

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Good morning fellow Vets!

Just saw this yesterday on my list of disabilities. Clicked on one and saw this message:

• Request 2
Due Date: 08/31/2015 Status: Needed From: Not Available
DOMA

What is DOMA? I know that it means Defense of Marriage Act, in some circles. What in the heck doe this have to do with my claim. It is listed on each of my pending disabilities.

Edited by vern2

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Got a reponse today from IRIS today. DOMA does not mean what we thought.

Recently you requested assistance from VA. Below is our response.

If you wish to reopen this issue, you may do so within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
Response By Email (Department of Veterans Affairs) (08/05/2015 05:14 PM)
Mr. XXX

This is in response to your recent inquiry dated 8/3/2015 asking what it means when your file is notated "DOMA". In your case, you submitted VAF 21-4142a on 7/23/2015 via eBenefits. This was your request asking us to obtain records from Baptist Hospital, Dr Jerry Chandler and Dr. Ian Weisberg. A VA contractor, DOMA Technologies, assists numerous VA Regional Offices in obtaining these records from non-VA providers. So in your case, on 8/1/20154, a request was sent to DOMA asking them to request the records you asked us to obtain in support of your claim or appeal.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at our National Call Center between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM EST and an agent would be glad to answer them.

Thank you for your service.

Columbia SC VA National Call Center

The bad news is that I sent this form telling the VA that I did not have any more information to submit. Nowhere did I tell the VA to contact these people. This just kicks my case further down the road. Guess I will have to call Peggy again!!

Edited by vern2

• HadIt.com Elder

Anything to delay has been the VA's standard methodology for a very long time.

Your guess is as good or better than mine as to what they are really asking for.

There is a faint possibility that "Peggy" might have some useful information.

Well, I scanned this and uploaded for the DRO review team to see, as they are probably the ones that took this action. Delay, Delay and hope they die. Maybe I should send Ms. Hickey another email. The only thing my 3 emails to her has accomplished is my claim is now further down the road. We know that the VA is a fine upstanding federal organization that does not act in vindictive manner and does not retaliate against Vets for sending Ms. Hickey an email :sad: . Wait, they would do this to their own employees, what in hell will they do to the Vets? Answer: Anything they want to as they are omnipotent!!!!! (above the wrath of man!) Back on the hamster wheel.

Forgot, I did ask them to query the SC Dept of Military Affairs for my military records as the SCARNG refuses to respond to my certified mail requests! Just never thought of it as DOMA :smile: