• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
boomer2

Col Increase For Those On Disability

Question

my understanding is that this is the same as the social security cola increase. the va one has to be approved by congress while the ssa is automatic. r so i think i read. this is not any additionaal monies.

Thanks for the link, Vync. You are correct, that it is JUST COLA. It is interesting it passed 409-0.

The current Consumer Price Index (CPI) has been in a downward trend since the beginning of the year.

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp

similar to what we saw in 2009, which lead to a stagnation in COLA for 3 years.

The 2016 VA disability rates will be known by the middle to end of October, 2015 right after the September Consumer Price Index is released.

Read more: http://militarybenefits.info/va-disability-rates/#ixzz3hqby2zzs

The sad part is that the CPI does not equal the true cost of living increase. It was carefully structured so that it's actually representative of about one half of the

true cost of living increase that is experienced by the average family or individual. Then to add further insult, the 100% VA disability payment is significantly less

than the average veteran's "lost income". The difference is in the neighborhood of 10k-15k a year, according to the government's own numbers.

Edited by Chuck75

I always like the term for the CPI as CP LIE.

it is interesting as the CPI doesnt measure, housing, gas, electricity, etc since those "fluctuate" too much. because we all know those are very small parts of our budget....and as far as food they will measure say pork and corn, if pork and corn go up they measure chicken and chickpease, if those go up, then something else. so i put no credence in it. anyone here knows that the price of food has gone up much more than a few % over the past decade. if you look at how much a can of soup goes for it is not that much more, but you will notice that how much soup you got in a "can" is less than 10 years ago and made with cheaper ingredients in many cases. inflation is up.