VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does "case Review" Mean?

Rate this question

SemperAye

Question

I filed an FDC Jan 2015 in Winston-Salem NC, shortly after I received a letter that it was converted into a normal claim for some reason. I was surprised by this since I had given them everything they needed, and I just had a C&P for another claim a few months ago that was finalized. The estimated completion date for my new claim was September 2015, all was fine.

7 months later....... for two days out of this week, my claim made it to preparation for decision, but it has since gone back to gathering of evidence. I chatted with Peggy and was told "It shows it is a case review, which means that team needed to look at or correct something." Now the estimated completion date is November 2016 LOL!

I'm guessing that since the preparation for decision phase it when a rater recommends a decision, that if it went back to gathering evidence, maybe the person who signs off on it saw an error or something? What does "case review" mean?

Thanx.

Thank you for your service!

Edited by SemperAye

• HadIt.com Elder

Tomahawk,

Peggy is the other end of an IRIS call!

...............Buck

SemperAye,

Just wanted you to know I posted in the "success" forum. I found out today I am rated 60%, with two contentions (the ones I added after my C&P, GERD and IC) still deferred.  Not seeing any information on retro yet, but wanted to let you know. I hope you have gotten good news and haven't got back to let us know yet. :) Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Grats. Mine jumped from Prep for Decision back to Gathering Evidence this week. Then they changed the estimated completion date another 6 months out... One thing new I noticed was a request from others that was past due.

Update:

After my claim went back to gathering evidence, I noticed C&P's where scheduled. Must have been the higher ups decided C&P's where needed AGAIN lol.

We'll I ended up having my exams a month ago with VES, and Ebennies still says gathering evidence with the request for C&P's as past due (9-27-15). Just yesterday the dates changed again, to "At this time, your Regional Office is unable to provide an estimated completion date for this type of claim," oh great...going on 9 months now for a re-opened FDC claim turned into normal claim. This is out of Winston Salem RO in case anyone was wondering.

I predict that the VA was planning on denying my claim without a C&P when the claim went to preparation for decision, but case review triggered the need for a C&P, and then I surprised them with positive C&P results for increase, then they said "oh sh*t, now we have to actually look into this claim...send it back to gathering evidence!" I would not be surprised to see another 6 months added on top of this claim while the VA does back work on it.

Edited by SemperAye