VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This has probably been posted before, but I was thinking about starting a thread on businesses that are pro-military and veteran friendly. I have run into a couple of them so far, and will try to post when I find others. Ok, here we go:

10% - Lowe's (hardware, lumber, plants, outdoors, appliances, etc.) Awesome service, and very friendly. They provide a 10% military or veteran discount when presented a VA ID card. The location I was at had one of their attendants run out and load my truck for me, and then he thanked me for my service. (I've tried Lowe's about 3 times so far, and they always grant the 10% discount with pleasure.) A+

10% - Raising Cane's restaurant chain. Quick service, and gave a 10% veteran discount immediately when presented with my VA ID Card at the drive-thru window. A+

Ok, hope this helps, and looking forward to hearing from anybody else who has had good experiences with military or veteran friendly establishments. Have a great week!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

One more:

20% - Fuddrucker's. Show your military ID or VA ID Card and they immediately apply a 20% discount!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Applebee's - 20% discount for the veteran's meal, drink, appetizers, etc.  (Only for the veteran himself/herself.)

Cabela's gives great (double) discounts to Vet's. Cabela's will give a Vet two discounts at checkout. During checkout request a Veterans discount; then use a Cabela's credit card and get another discount automatically. Cabela's didn't ask for a VA ID card either. (Important) Ask for the Veterans discount before they start scanning; because they can't go back and apply the discount after they scanned in the products for purchase.

Also, IHOP grants a discount to Vet's on request. They didn't ask for a VA ID card either.

In Liberty.