VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

60% Still some deferred

Rate this topic

AFMedic09

My hysterectomy secondary to my SC TVT Bladder sling and Pelvic organ prolapse was approved. I am now: 30% hysterectomy, 30% migraines, 20% TVT Bladder Sling. Deferred items: GERD and Interstitial Cystitis (These were submitted separately after my C&P exam on Aug. 9th).  Total rating currently 60% from 40% previously.  I noticed also they put in Hysterectomy (Increase) along with the deferred items?  I am waiting on the Notification letter.  Nothing in the payment area at this time.  The letter states effective date is: August 1, 2015, but I filed on April 24th, 2015.  I am just thankful for this quick response, and hope that the rest will be positively decided in my favor as well.  I have a lot of evidence supporting it, and expect an eventual total rating decision of 70%.  Just wanted to update everyone.  Good luck and God speed.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the increase, and you will get Retro to your filing date, the VA just puts the next 1st of the Month change in pay info, basically stated what you will get from now on. Good luck and God Bless

Timeline on my retro in FL in case anyone is curious on timeframes for secondary SC:

Filed claim: 24 Apr. 2015

Up and down the progress chain back and forth for three months, until 5 Aug. 2015 when Preparation for Decision.(again)

ebenefits showed increased rating: 7 Aug. 2015

Retro direct deposited: 18 Aug. 2015

White envelope received: 19 Aug. 2015

Two items deferred, pending VA exams. Totally happy with the speed at which this was decided.  Helps to underline, highlight, and connect all the dots for them.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use