VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Now What?

Rate this question

robert51

Question

I was granted by AJ on sept. 29.2006 and was told to go to local SS office .. I went there and received some papers and was told my son who is now 18 needs to sign something? And i need to give them a Direct deposit form and to go home and the guy will call me... Well almost one month has gone by and nothing how long does it take till they start to pay you ?? And does anyone know what form they are talking about?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Robert51,

Depending on what area you live in it usually takes about 2 months from when you get your award letter to get the back pay. You usually get the first monthly installment before the back pay. I believe what your son has to sign says that he is now 18 and is no longer qualified to get a percentage of your SSD. It sounds like you filed long before he turned 18. You will be entitled to about 40-45% of your award for your children. So that means say if you get $1000 a month then our child gets about $425-450 until they turn 18. The direct deposit form that they speak of consists of your bank name the routing # and account number for your account. Your bank can give you this form.

Guest Dataman

Mine went like this.

March 21 - ALJ Hearing - Judge said in hearing he would approve - Stated why is this here should have been approved before this.

May 30 - Letter from ALJ Judge saying "Approved"

3 July - Money in the Bank

5 July - Letter from SSA in Mailbox saying amounts etc.

Filed in Sep 2000, Got money in July 2002. Just went thru paperwork and got approved to stay on Disability (VA P&T No Exam). Gee like I got better and went back to work (I would if I could).

Anyway hang in there! My Son's money took about 10 more days after I got my money.

Mine went like this.

March 21 - ALJ Hearing - Judge said in hearing he would approve - Stated why is this here should have been approved before this.

May 30 - Letter from ALJ Judge saying "Approved"

3 July - Money in the Bank

5 July - Letter from SSA in Mailbox saying amounts etc.

Filed in Sep 2000, Got money in July 2002. Just went thru paperwork and got approved to stay on Disability (VA P&T No Exam). Gee like I got better and went back to work (I would if I could).

Anyway hang in there! My Son's money took about 10 more days after I got my money.

thats what had me kind of pissed off ... my letter came sept.29 and just last week a guy calls and says he will be coming over to get my son to sign the form and i should receive my first check in another 2 months. and to let him know if i dont have my first check or back pay by end of jan 2007 and i started this stuff in Feb 2004 if i did not have VA what would i live on for 3 years .

Edited by robert51