VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Now What?

Rate this question

robert51

Question

I was granted by AJ on sept. 29.2006 and was told to go to local SS office .. I went there and received some papers and was told my son who is now 18 needs to sign something? And i need to give them a Direct deposit form and to go home and the guy will call me... Well almost one month has gone by and nothing how long does it take till they start to pay you ?? And does anyone know what form they are talking about?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Beware that technically the money for children under 18 must be accounted for as it is for them. They actually have an annual form to fill out spelling out how the childrens money is spent on them.

That said the kids cost more to feed clothe ans shelter than you ever get from SSA.

Beware that technically the money for children under 18 must be accounted for as it is for them. They actually have an annual form to fill out spelling out how the childrens money is spent on them.

That said the kids cost more to feed clothe ans shelter than you ever get from SSA.

that has always been the case look at the VA with their 66 dollars or the IRS even . Kids cost a lot anyway you cut it..

Good point Pete53. I forgot about that form as it only comes once a year. It seem more like a formality to me. As long as you fill it out in its entirety ssa has never bothered me with it. Dale Jr 8