VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Already 70 TDIU, but old appeal just being looked at what to do

Rate this question

DD0351

Question

hows it going everyone, well I have a lil situation I'm currently TDIU but I have an old appeal that is 3 years old and they are just barely starting to be review it was my first ever claim with pretty much everything was denied becuz I didn't have any current diagnoses at the time, well after all this time I have my current diagnoses for my back and knees, but I was wondering if I should withdraw the appeal claim? since I don't wanna start any review of my current rating of TDIU becuz I get ch 35 and my wife uses it now and also is it possible to go from total and permanent to temporary? 

was it for your same conditions you are service connected now?

If not and you are satisfied with the decision leave well enough alone

enjoy it.jmho

no it is not from the SC I have now, I was denied my back and I have DDD, and I have artistes in both knees, and tinnitus, I know I won't get more pay if approved, I just don't want them reviewing me for my current SC for TDIU becuz my wife using my ch 35 so yes I'm satisfied do I just write a letter saying to withdraw my appeal. Thanks 

Never cancel an appeal where there is a possibility of an earlier effective date for SC Retro $$. If you were awarded IU  T & P with No Future Exams Scheduled, don't worry about the Appeal causing IU problems.

Semper Fi

Gastone is correct.  Since you are already 100% TDIU, these claims were denied before you were granted your TDIU and they were denied.  If you have medical evidence that they warranted service connection there is a possibility that you can still get a retro payment for their effective dates.  Also depending on the rating instead of being TDIU, VA can award you 100% shcedular or you could be granted a SMC award which is more money per month.  VA is famous for granting a veteran 100% or 100% TDIU and the veteran has pending appeals. It is your decision to cancel these claim or let them complete their decision.  What are you service connected for and what are your ratings.  Since you are already P & T VA will most likely concentrate on the issues that are on appeal and not your current ratings.  With that said never trust VA. Just make sure you are getting treated for your conditions.

AND this person says he is satisfied with his decisions already.

Also if he ever get a proposal to reduce he still have claims he could file

by not filling them now. VA is cutting budgets including comp, for everyone.At least

they are trying at the end of the day its your call. GET SMART  because VA SURE IS.RU

Edited by RUREADY

Gastone is correct.  Since you are already 100% TDIU, these claims were denied before you were granted your TDIU and they were denied.  If you have medical evidence that they warranted service connection there is a possibility that you can still get a retro payment for their effective dates.  Also depending on the rating instead of being TDIU, VA can award you 100% shcedular or you could be granted a SMC award which is more money per month.  VA is famous for granting a veteran 100% or 100% TDIU and the veteran has pending appeals. It is your decision to cancel these claim or let them complete their decision.  What are you service connected for and what are your ratings.  Since you are already P & T VA will most likely concentrate on the issues that are on appeal and not your current ratings.  With that said never trust VA. Just make sure you are getting treated for your conditions.

I'm currently 

70% PTSD 10% bilateral foot condition, 0'ezema, 0 shoulder

was denied back condition for not having a current diagnose and now I have a diagnoses of DDD in 3 disc and I currently get shots in my back

i was denied bilateral knee for no diagnose currently has diagnoses of arthritis in both kness

denied tinnitus and hearing loss but was a assault man in the infantry played with rockets and explosives    

Denied eye abrasion but it's in my service record from the sand causing the eye abrasion and my vision getting worse over the years