VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need an IMO

Rate this question

Tomahawk

Question

Call Alice Burns - 925-524-0622. She is Dr. Bash's assistant. If she doesn't answer, leave a message. I believe she works a flexible schedule, because whenever I've called her, I've always had to leave a message, but she has always called me back within a day or 2.

Edited by bluevet

@bluevet,

I tried the number for Alice Burns a bit ago and it says disconnected. I too am trying to retain Dr. Bash's services but haven't received response yet. If you get a chance, please double check the number you gave. It would be sincerely appreciated, sir.

Also, I am interested in Tomahawk's question. Will Dr. Bash or Dr. Ellis require an in person exam? If that's the case, I need to find someone local.

Edited by K_C

@bluevet,

I tried the number for Alice Burns a bit ago and it says disconnected. I too am trying to retain Dr. Bash's services but haven't received response yet. If you get a chance, please double check the number you gave. It would be sincerely appreciated, sir.

Also, I am interested in Tomahawk's question. Will Dr. Bash or Dr. Ellis require an in person exam? If that's the case, I need to find someone local.

Hmmm, sorry about that. It's been about a year since I spoke with her. She must have changed her number. I got that number from Dr. Bash. I would keep emailing him more and more often until you get a reply.

I found a local company that specializes in IME/IMOs typically for lawyers/workers comp cases.   I asked about the price for a VA exam and she stated they do them at an extreme discount for vets.  She stated $400 for all 5 of the issues I am seeking an IME on.   That almost sounds too good to be true. 

I found a local company that specializes in IME/IMOs typically for lawyers/workers comp cases.   I asked about the price for a VA exam and she stated they do them at an extreme discount for vets.  She stated $400 for all 5 of the issues I am seeking an IME on.   That almost sounds too good to be true. 

Sounds great, what's the name of the company and what city are they in? Also, before you pay for any IMO/IME, make sure you have all medical records that the Va has and make sure that the examiner lists them all. This is a huge factor in the weight that the VA rater will give to the opinions. Secondly, make sure the doctor understands that every claim he makes needs a clear rationale. When you get them back, review them and if you don't think the rationales are adequate, don't be afraid to request an edit. 

Edited by bluevet

Ohio Specialty Network is the company's name.  http://ohiospec.com/

I told the lady I spoke to I would call back once I had my medical records.  I submitted the ROI at my local hospital in person and mailed request to the 2 other hospitals in different states I was treated at.  She said once I get them to come in and drop the medical records off and schedule an exam. 

It's my intention to print out the DBQs for everything I claimed as well as explain that I need a letter to accompany each that states "more likely than not" "at least as likely" or "was/is caused/aggravated by" if he deems them to be related to service. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use