VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need an IMO

Rate this question

Tomahawk

Question

Ohio Specialty Network is the company's name.  http://ohiospec.com/

I told the lady I spoke to I would call back once I had my medical records.  I submitted the ROI at my local hospital in person and mailed request to the 2 other hospitals in different states I was treated at.  She said once I get them to come in and drop the medical records off and schedule an exam. 

It's my intention to print out the DBQs for everything I claimed as well as explain that I need a letter to accompany each that states "more likely than not" "at least as likely" or "was/is caused/aggravated by" if he deems them to be related to service. 

Do you have SMR's (Service Medical Records) showing any symptoms/problems related to you current condition? They need to be included as well. 

I have read many posts regarding the "magic words" of "At least as likely as not". I've also read a whole lot of BVA case citations. A nexus letter should contain that statement, but just as importantly, it needs to have a rationale for the determination that your current condition is "at least as likely as not" related to your service. In case after case that I have read, veterans spend good money on IMEs/IMOs, only to have the board give little or no weight to them. The most common reasons for this are: 1. The Independent Doctor did not include an adequate rationale for his/her findings. 2. The opinions were not based on a review of the all of the available medical evidence.

If I were you, I would request my c-file, or at least request all medical records in the possession of the VA, before I paid for any IME. If time is a factor, contact your VSO rep at your VA regional office and see if they can get you these records faster.

Well.  I have my VA medical records which show I have CRPS.  Which is already in my 30% service connection.  However they rated me as 30% for "post-operative foot injury with complex regional pain syndrome".  I just need the doctor to write something to get them to separate it.. The foot in and of itself is practically worthless due to the VA surgeon fusing all of my toes.  I have zero movement on my own and they can only be moved by hand a few degrees.  My ankle constantly rolls because of this which I thought would have been rated as well but apparently not. But for those 2 issues I shouldn't need anything in my SMR.  The foot and the VA surgery that caused the CRPS are already service connected. 

As for the rest of my claims that were denied.  There are entries in my SMR.  But apparently not enough for the C+P doctors to opine in my favor.  However everything I claimed is also exacerbated by my already SC condition.  So they should be granted on that basis alone.

I do have a copy of my C-File, or at least as complete of a copy as I can.  As well as 1 copy left of my SMR.

I do not have a VSO.  I fired the one after this last claim because he put all sorts of shit in my claim that I wasn't claiming.  He put a claim in for my opposite foot which there is nothing wrong with.  He put a claim in for 100% IU.  And he didn't include a 2 things I specifically mentioned.  I learned the hard way that you shouldn't trust a VSO when they say "Sign this, Ill fill it out when I have time and submit it".   been going it alone since. 

But I would most assuredly explain to the doctor that he needs to review the records and provide a complete rationale for his findings. 

Just to update.  Ohio Specialty Network is a sham.  All the guy did was write a report stating that I did indeed have the issues I was requesting him to examine me for and opine on.  He would not write an opinion on cause nor correlation.  Do not use them for an IMO

I utilized Dr Vallette in Colorado who for a MH IMO - It was excellent. ( He was recommended by Dr Bash)

Hi Mr. Matthew Hill - you spoke with me on the phone back in November 2016 . 

I used valor4vet for my appeal and a first time claim, for an IMO.  The first time claim was successful because of the IMO. If you can make it to Arizona they fill out DBQs for about $150. 

I would highly recommend them and I've had positive results using them.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use