VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Whats Up With This Strange Iris Reply?

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

In the last month I have gotten very odd responses from IRIS site: Such as this Inquiry and response

Veteran/Inquirer 10/31/2006 07:47 AM

First let me start by saying that I posted a question on this site about 2 weeks ago and received a rather odd response. I asked about the status of my existing claims from March 2005. The response was that this site does not give out information about claims. I was surprised because I have checked on the status of my claims about 6 times this year and everytime I received somewhat of a status report. I don't want to be a bothersome but I would like to see if I can find out the status of these claims again if I could.

RESPONSE:

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 11/09/2006 01:25 PM

November 9, 2006

Mr. XXXXX:

Our website at is used for general information on VA benefits. For your protection under the Privacy Act, we are unable to answer confidential, claim-specific questions.

The last letter we sent was June 16, 2006. We attempted to call the number you provided, but reached voice mail. We cannot leave confidential information on voice mail. You may call our toll free number, 1-800-827-1000, and a representative will be happy to answer your questions.

They always used to tel me if the claim was at rating board or where ever?

Edited by KennyJ

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jangrin

Kennyj,

I don't know, maybe they are implementing some changes. The last IRIS we sent was around to weeks ago asking the status of the claim, and they did not respond by e-mail. They called my husband and told him if he had a question he needed to call the 800#.

Something is going on.

The VA has been updating their web site but still- this is most unusual-

I could see this type of reply if the vet used the regular "contact us button" but the Iris inquery is supposed to go directly to the RO that has the claim.

I get pop ups when I use the BVA site -it is a survey on what else they can do to improve the VA site- next time I get the pop up- I will ask them about this----

If you can't often get a square answer at the 800#, the query email idea usually gives you better info-I am surprised that this has changed.

Called 800# and he said that this was a fairly new change made by the VA.. But did get good news because he said my claim was at the rating board waiting to be rated since they had received my C&P exam results.

Guest jangrin

Well,

We called 800# 2 months ago and again last month about claim. At that time we were told that the RO office in Oakland said they had recieved my husbands C&P for the DMII and secondarys and that they had everything they needed to rate and that they sent the claim to the rating board.

At that time they also said that they had received the request to have the file transfered to WACO as we live in Texas now, but they were not going to transfer the file until it was rated becasue it was almost through the process and that once it was rated they would forward the file. THAT WAS 2 MONTHS AGO. They are really good at telling you lots and lots of BS.

Called the 800# yesterday, Monday. At first they said that they HAD NO RECORD OF MY HUSBAND FILING A CLAIM. Then they said they had no record of his claim being at the rating board. Then they said that the file was sent to WACO and was never at the rating board in OAKLAND. And finally they said they found the file in WACO buried under some papers on a desk upsatirs.

They stated that it was not assigned to anyone one and that if we wanted someone to do something with the file we would have to write a letter asking them to work on the file and ask that they send it to the rating board and then in about a months time someone would have gone through the file and they could tell us where we are in the claims process.

THE VETERANS COMPENSATION AND CLAIMS PROCESS IS A SHAM. THEY ARE BASICLY WAITING FOR THE VETERANS TO GIVE UP OR DIE. I WILL NEVER QUIT IN THIS CLAIM...NOW I'M PIS@ED.

We went to see the VSO here where we live. He was actually very nice. We told him what hapened and that we had followed his advise and that the claim sat for two months since we ask for it to be transfered and how we had been lied to.

He got on the telephone and called the WACO office and while we were there talked to another service officer there. The SO in WACO found the file and came on the telephone. As they were talking he agreed that it looked like the file was ready for a rating and it looked like everything was there. So he is going to get it to someone and get the process started or at least get the file evaluated and then either more C&Ps or rating. Hopefully someone will at least evaluate the claim.

We talked about how long everything was taking and the SO was very nice but felt that things are going to get very much worse over the next year or two because of the claims being filed by the vets returning from IRAQ and Afganistan. I already have my suspicions that the veterans that have served more recently are getting preferential treatment as far as claims processing. We have had a couple of vets here at Hadit that have had their claims processed in 3 to 4 months, and another in 6 months start to finish. I believe that something is happening or changing that we aren't aware of.YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THE RO SAYS. When we do the appeal it will be to the BVA, I don't think I will let the claim stay at the RO any longer than absolutely necessary.

JMO

Jangrin

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder
I believe that something is happening or changing that we aren't aware of.YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THE RO SAYS. When we do the appeal it will be to the BVA, I don't think I will let the claim stay at the RO any longer than absolutely necessary.

Jangrin,

As you know, I have put up with so much BS from the Va and the R. O until I could vomit. Now that I am at the BVA and the AMC, at least someone is reading my claim and appears to be taking my claim seriously.

I spent 4 years listening to one lie after another from the R. O.

I can remember writing a letter for the Huntington R. O as to why I felt my claim in appeals should be worked before the poor soldiers in Iraq.

I wasn't asking to be placed ahead of them. I only wished some consideration if we were all in appeals.

Good luck and God Bless,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin

I think the VA does the easy claims first where their is no doubt about the outcome, like actual in-service wounds and simple presumptive AO claims. My AO claim went really fast compared to the psychological claims. That is because you either were a RVN vet or not and you either have a presumptive condition or you don't. The only thing to rate is the severity of the disability.