VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Rating Board

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I have been told that my claim has been sent to the rating board. Does this mean it has been approved. I asked for a ro review of my claim. I have been turned down 2 times for my increase soc and a ssoc. both denied. but those 2 times it never went to the rating board. now i have new evidence and i think it is going to help. so if it goes to the rating board is there a good chance they are going to increase my rating. i went to a c&p for my claim that was in oct. iris report said it was going to the rating board 45-60 days for descion.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Calnight- it does not really mean they are rating your claim-it means the raters are preparing another decision and if favorable- then they would rate your claim.

But this is always a good place to be as they are again considering your evidence.

When they denied the VA gave you specific reasons for the denial.

Were you able to send them more evidence to overcome the reasons for the denials?

Edited by Berta

Do they know of the state disability you get for PTSD?I found a few of your posts and it sounds to me now that maybe- they ARE rating your claim!

Do they know of the state disability you get for PTSD?I found a few of your posts and it sounds to me now that maybe- they ARE rating your claim!

Berta,

Thank you for your response. Yes the va has my state dis evidence. And the reason they denied me for a increase on my first soc was i was still working. And win I stopped working and told the va in my ssoc they said my gaf score was the same 55. So I have given new evidence now gaf 46 my va doctor said I was unemployable. My voc rehab states a severe employment handicapp. My ssd dr. report states the same ( still waiting for descion on ssd ) I had to see there shrink. My state disibility form sighned by va doctor putting me on disibility for 1 year. This is all new evidence the va has. Also had a c&p exam for my claim on oct 18

Now I called my vso I wanted to make sure my file was at the rating. He looked on the computer and said no. The iris report said it was and I called the 1-800# and the vsr said no. So witch should I believe. The iris report that came from the ro. Or who knows does it take awhile to update there computers.Thanks Berta

"So witch should I believe. The iris report that came from the ro. Or who knows does it take awhile to update there computers."

It REALLY takes a long time!!!! To say the least! I had been going back and forth with IRIS for over 14 months and each time my claim was at the rating board and I would receive a decision soon and signatured by the Service Center Manager. That is where they all go and are responded to by the Service Center Manager.

My claim was filed in March of 2005. My claim actually went to the rating board on 28 June 2006 or should I say farmed out to another VARO in another state for rating. It has been confirmed at least a dozen times since August 2006 that my claim is at the rating board and they are working on it and I should receive a decision soon.

I personally am not looking for a decision until next year after the holidays are over. My claim has been at the rating board for 5 months now with no decision yet.

Pretty soon you will start getting their standard response that "You will receive a decision soon". But they won't tell you what year.