VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependent Claim Done in a Day!

Rate this topic

Julie1975

I had two successes today and just wanted to share since it seems like the Success forum doesn't get nearly enough action.

1.  My son dropped off my award last semester so yesterday I went into eBenefits to add him back on (he's 21 and a full-time student).  While adding in eBenefits, I kept receiving an error when adding his previous school.  Plus...the application had me input my daughter and husbands information even though they are already on my award. I submitted it after fixing the errors and it generated a new claim with an estimated completion date of Jan 2017. Thinking I would be waiting almost two years I was surprised when the VA called me this morning. They said there was an error in my application and she wanted to fix it. She fixed my son's information and said that it looks like I never got backpay for my daughter when she transitioned from High School into college last year. She said she would send me the form to fix it.  Anyway, the nice lady (also an AF Vet) called me back twice and ended up adding my son back and fixing my daughter's information. First class A+ service from the Houston RO. 

2.  I received another call on Monday from the Houston VA letting me know my existing claim will close soon. After my initial rating from the St. louis RO, they recommended I file for some feet issues based upon the X-Rays they took during my C&P; I filed in November 2014.  Well my case just closed today and out of the six items i filed (based on their recommendation) I was denied five and awarded 0% for one.  I wasn't expecting anything more than zero but it's so silly to tell me to file then deny it...just a waste of everyone's time.

My NOD is still pending but the gentleman on Monday told me that's going to take a while.  That's the claim that makes me anxious.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

Great...every victory is a Victory!

You would think dependency issues would be simple for VA. Many aren't.

There goes some Music again from MTSU ????dont know where it is coming from and I have again lost anyway to scroll to the reply button.....until I make font smaller

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use