VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got The Phone Call. Approved Ssd

Rate this question

calnight

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder
GOT THE CALL 5 MINUTES AGO APPROVED FOR SSD FOR PTSD. 1 DOWN 1 TO GO THE VA IS NEXT. 5 MONTHS FROM APPLICATION. ON THE FIRST TRY.

excellent make sure to submit your award letter from social security to your claims package.

This is great and you deserve this award.

Wonderful news Calnight!

And it probably came at a good time.

Might take them time to send the $$$$$ but at least you know it is on it's way.

Hay Everyone:

I got my first denial letter from SSA for Social Security Disability due to PTSD, Bi-polar, Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder and Chronic Peripheral Polynueropathy (They have a lot of Medical Documentation of all of these things) and then I see they awarded here approval for PTSD. I have a good Disability Group of Social Security Experts (lawyers, etc) They told me not to worry that almost everyone gets turned down the first time and they wouldn't have taken my case if they thought I was not going to win. I just wonder how some can get approved for PTSD and others not...At any rate they are taking care of filing the reconsideration papers, etc.. I'm still waiting on a decision from VA on my increase due to IU and T&P..should be anyday now.

Michelle

• HadIt.com Elder

Calnight

I would hand deliver the SSDI award letter to your local VARO in support of your IU. Get them to make a copy and have it date stamped. Take no chances with these bastards. This is very heavy evidence and should be the seal on you IU. If the VA has accepted the fact you have service connected PTSD the SSDI award is proof that it has made you IU. I went the same way. I got the SSDI first for a combination of mental jazz and the VA then eventually rated me IU. They tried to wriggle out of it to the very end. Many of us here got SSDI before we were rated 100% or IU for our SC condition. This should not be but the VA stalls and stalls. The standards for SSDI are higher than for IU but the VA is harder to navigate since we have no lawyers most of the time.

Guest jangrin
Hay Everyone:

I got my first denial letter from SSA for Social Security Disability due to PTSD, Bi-polar, Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder and Chronic Peripheral Polynueropathy (They have a lot of Medical Documentation of all of these things) and then I see they awarded here approval for PTSD. I have a good Disability Group of Social Security Experts (lawyers, etc) They told me not to worry that almost everyone gets turned down the first time and they wouldn't have taken my case if they thought I was not going to win. I just wonder how some can get approved for PTSD and others not...At any rate they are taking care of filing the reconsideration papers, etc.. I'm still waiting on a decision from VA on my increase due to IU and T&P..should be anyday now.

Michelle

Michelle,

Hang in there, I am sure the attorneys are working on this for you. It sometimes takes a couple of tries when your dealing with SSA. It won't take long just keep you doctor appt. and keep doing what ya gotta do. :D

Jangrin