VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got The Phone Call. Approved Ssd

Rate this question

calnight

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jangrin
GOT THE CALL 5 MINUTES AGO APPROVED FOR SSD FOR PTSD. 1 DOWN 1 TO GO THE VA IS NEXT. 5 MONTHS FROM APPLICATION. ON THE FIRST TRY.

Calnight,

Awwsome, good for you. It really takes some of the pressure off when you get notified that you have been approved for the SSD entitlement. Congrats!!

Jangrin :D

Guest jangrin

If you are awarded SSDI, it means that the SSA feels that you are UNABLE TO DO ANY TYPE OF WORK. You are 100% disabled. SS adminstration takes into consideration all debilitating physical and mental processes whether they are realated to military conditions or not.

The VA determines your disability as it relates to service connected conditions.

VA will have to decide what percentage of disability he has from service connected mental and physical conditions using VA math.

• HadIt.com Elder

In a way SSD is proof that you can't work. If it is for a service connected already reason even better for your claim in my opinion. It is possible to be SSD and not VA and vice versa.

Hay Everyone:

I got my first denial letter from SSA for Social Security Disability due to PTSD, Bi-polar, Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder and Chronic Peripheral Polynueropathy (They have a lot of Medical Documentation of all of these things) and then I see they awarded here approval for PTSD. I have a good Disability Group of Social Security Experts (lawyers, etc) They told me not to worry that almost everyone gets turned down the first time and they wouldn't have taken my case if they thought I was not going to win. I just wonder how some can get approved for PTSD and others not...At any rate they are taking care of filing the reconsideration papers, etc.. I'm still waiting on a decision from VA on my increase due to IU and T&P..should be anyday now.

Michelle

same for me took 2 1/2 years i was awarded in Sept of 2006 applied in march of 2004 and still am waiting for my friggin check told processing is behind right now... funny thing is i just got a letter from IRS saying i own them money and to pay by march 14 or face problems i also notcied they added 50% to the bill in the form of interest ... if they owe you money just wait and if you owe them pay up orelse...