VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mefloquine (Lariam®)

Rate this topic

Watch out for the atypical antipsychotics knce they build up in your system they cause agitation and agressive behavior, took 6 years on risperdol for me to snap, doc wouldnt take me off it despite numerous request and i lived jn a house with kids and wife, who are with me no more due to this lariam is some insane shit, think about it, it causes schizophrenia amongst other things where are the guys that had to take it to bring it down to the acceptable levels they are now, shit loads of soldiers at knox into thousands i know they were testin issueing it in platoon formations from when i was there aug03 till 04 that a battle buddy confirmed for me we are paranoid as shit

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much i almost cried when i saw this, i was rated for schozophrenia but there was no nexus to lariam if someone can get that it would be amazing, im gonna watch this forum like a hawk, to help with the lariam guys

harrys day. Depending on dose i have major memory loss and my thought process changes, kinda like a light switch gets flipped and my perspective and thought process will change

there were yellow and blue ones that were given out in iraq around 08 07 they wouldnt say what was what just that they were anit malaria one color messed people up loss of sight and other things the other color did nothing, i head some platoons walking offsite with theirs and throwin them away

I was put on Primaquine (a relative of Lariam, it appears) and Doxycycline for a month+ after exposures during Ops in Bangladesh 5-10 yrs ago.  I have had IBS ever since and have never been able to stomach certain food types (like most dairy, coffee, etc) ever since.  I have raised concerns and brought up that this started in the aftermath of that JCSET, but my PCM's have blown it off every time for years.  I seem to remember taking Lariam as described in Kuwait or Iraq, I am going to have to comb thru my shot records.  Primaquine comes up as a different drug but there are interactions and if these are drugs that build up it is worth checking out and monitoring.