VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPS deliveries

Rate this topic

Well I checked the tracking on UPS. BTW you can't check tracking on meds sent by UPS on the VA's website (myhealthevet). Again it only shows it was picked up by UPS but other than that is shows nothing else on UPS's website. I guess I will head to the ER at Tampa VA to get it filled. I went to my local ER and showed them and told them the situation and they fillled me 3 days worth. This is the 2nd time I have had issues with UPS. The first time they crushed a whole bottle of pain meds, literally crushed the whole bottle. Let me tell you I let the drive know the next month.

I guess I will head over there to the ER on Monday morning to get more because of Tropical storm Ericka. My VA PCP won't talk to me on secure messages after I told him I was going to file a complaint above the VA if I wasn't going to get treatment after I complete their Chronic Pain Management Program for 19 days to wean off the oxycodone. I don't think he liked that. The VA hasn't done much for me except dehydrate me with all their pills.

Is it UPS or USPS? My meds come through USPS and when I track them through MyHealthVET, I get sent to the USPS website where I see all of the detail from pre-shipment to delivery.

It's good for those who have positive experiences with meds by mail but this service is not at par with civilian prescriptions.

It has caused me much grief while traveling and I shudder to continually read of med crises for veterans including our board leader TBird.

If I get a civilian prescription sent to Walgreens in Tucson, I can swing by a Walgreens ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY and pick it up in an hour (Ive done it).

Try that with the VA. I've ended up in the ER more than once for dangerous blood pressure level due to meds by mail.

If you're in a region different than the one you're assigned, they don't want to do anything for you until you're 'enrolled', a process that takes weeks or more because you need an appoint with a PCP.

I encourage all of you with med issues to email Alison.

Pain meds come through UPS and regular meds come through USPS for me. I always get the big brown truck delivery my Oxycodone. I just found out the problem, somebody at UPS totally messed this one up and placed my meds in the wrong sorting container!!! I live in FLORIDA. My Pain Meds actually come from the Tampa VA Pharmacy. So somebody at UPS sent it to TN so now it has to come back to Florida. I am calling UPS to file a complaint with them tomorrow and will tell the Tampa VA Pharmacy about this because UPS guarantee's these shipments. BTW I went to my Local ER on Friday evening, explained everything to the MD there and he said he knew I wasn't "Doctor Shopping" just to get meds since I brought my empty bottle to him and they already knew I take them meds since I have been there about 10 times already this year because of reactions to Elavil/Amitriptyline the VA was giving me for headaches. I was in and out of the Local ER in five minutes. I was given 12 tablets.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Tuesday, 09/01/2015, By End of Day 

Last Location:
    Arrived - Knoxville, TN, United States, Saturday, 08/29/2015 
Edited by rpowell01