VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backlog reduction?

Berta

I thought I posted this here last week but guess not. Fox News got on it and Chairman Miller was interviewed at FOX yesterday about it, but I missed whatever he said...

“VA OIG was unable to conclusively determine if those 307,000 claims were also waiting for health care benefits."

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/09/04/300000-veterans-may-have-died-waiting-for-care/

They dont have a clue on whether these applications were for VA medical care, or VA comp /pension benefits, so obviously no one knows if they are part of any backlog figure.

The backlog figures ,to me, seem to only include pending claims, that VA somehow resolved ( probably denying most of them)

What I dont get is how VA defines 'pending' claims.

My last 2 claims did not even get a 5103 or any acknowledgement at all from VA until I contacted the Under Secretary.

My HBP 1151 even disappeared off the Peggy screen for almost a year.The VA said I neve5r filed it but I had proof and suddenly they found it.

I got the 'we are working on your claim" BS and 5103 only at that point....so was it a pending claim not denied yet, so not in the backlog reduction, or simply a claim filed , collecting dust?

I think the entire country  should be concerned about how VA is defining the backlog situation. Because they dont even know how big the backlog is, if some of the above 300,000 vets had claims filed before they died. Maybe  their were substitutions filed by the spouse, to continue those claims for accrued benefits , but who knows what really happened to those claims.

It is an absolute disgrace. But the whistleblowers who got a lot of heat at first, are being rectified by the IG, because the facts are proving their points.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning, Thanks for the Info, and basically as you stated We are Tired of Walking thru the Dark, and Just Want the VA to be Honest for Once in the Whole!!!

• 2 years later...

Any system that is administered as to wrongfully delay and deny will naturally accrue a backlog as time goes by. These people are highly focuesd on playing mind games and depriving vets of their rights and benefits. That has not changed, nothing has changed.

Edited by 8up4life
update