• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

jbowen0205

Custody battle

To keep it short I'm 100% disabled veteran I have never been in any legal trouble, me and my girlfriend had a child together and through a custody battle the judge has said because I have PTSD which is controlled just fine even with the letters from the VA to the judge he deems me on fit to have any kind of custody with my child or any interaction with them I've not seen my son in almost 2 years because of this sidebar on this I have had full custody of three other children and raise them on my own and they're fine adults and children now my middle child Jefferson drowned in the lake while swimming four years ago and the judges also same because of this I have mental issues help what can I do there's nothing in my medical record VA medical record stating that I am unfit why am i harm to myself or others they made me give up my medical record the judge and they found nothing but he still said that I am unfit to stab or even see Wyatt my son can someone please help

jbowen0205 - i'm not sure we can provide much help here, we focus on VA claims question and your question sounds like you might need an attorney.

I wish i could help man, but i have no experience in this, This is something i think isnt a question of personal stories but is the realm of lawyers.  I would get a good family lawyer and fight this.

I want every vet that has PTSD to get help, but i do see this as another reason why most vets dont get help. These can include

• losing control of your finances.  Why the VA cares whether i can pay my bills or not is beyond me.  If i can, fine.  If i cant that money has nothing to do with the VA.  If they say i rate 1200 a month, if i spend it on gambling, housing or booze, they shouldnt have a say in what i spend it on, once i deserve it, i deserve it.  If i owe creditors, thats a "me" problem, not them.
  • Losing guns.  I think this is overblown and doesnt happen that often.  it can.  but its a real concern.  But i do agree, if someone does have suicidal and homicidal tendencies (and there is a watershed between "i have thought about it before" and "i am planning on it/have planned on it/will do it".) from owning a weapon.  If you are wishing to cause someone harm, im sorry but i dont want you with one.
  • used against you in court.  Such as the family case above, i have a real fear, that if i get in an altercation with someone, say they jumped me outside a bar or on th street and they say "hey he attacked us, he was acting crazy" if a jerk DA sees i have PTSD, then that will be good enough to not be believed.

I dont know what the answer is. 

• Like 1

Thanks I'm so confused how theycan condem me for serving my country and penalizing me for it afterwards.