VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Custody battle

jbowen0205

along with getting a good lawyer I would start seeing a psychologist, one for you own health, and two so that in the future you can submit the records of you counseling as evidence and perhaps even have your psychologist testify on your behalf that you are not violent, etc.  I would not go the "cut her down" route, that wont help anyone either, since hte court might end up making your child a ward of the state vs giving custody to you.  you are not seeking sole custody, so cutting her down isnt going to help anyone, you are only trying to prove that YOU are ok in the eyes of the court.  I dont know you at all so i am just shooting in the dark.  If you believe in any sort of faith, start going to that faiths services, you are 100% i dont know if tdiu or pt or schedular, but if you are not tdiu then maybe start volunteering for charities, "up" your likeability in the eyes of the court. 

Im not a lawyer though and a good family attorney will probably have much ebtter advice than me.

Edited by USMC_VET

• HadIt.com Elder

I recommend you do a lot of volunteer community work, just get out and prove your fit to take care of your son, if your working get your fellow employees/friends to write a short letter  as a witness to your Character & Well Being, a great place to do some volunteer work would be at your local children s hospital &  along with a good attorney you should be able to get  a part in the custody of your child...they may let the child live with his mother but you sure should get visitation right's and half custody & always support your son and your ex ( support your ex with understanding and friendship) no matter if you dislike her or what ever she has done  just put it all in the past)...this will reflect good judgment on your part and help maintain your good character !

...jmo

....................Buck