VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

91 year old WWII vet finally gets his decision.

Rate this topic

jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

This is the story of a 91 year old WWII vet that was discharged from the Army with TB. Over the years the VA low balled, cut him off of his benefits all the while his lungs continued to worsen. He could not hold a job that required a lot of exertion so he held sedentary types of jobs.  3 years ago I visited this Veteran and found out that he was rated at 30 percent for all these years. That didn't sound right. I read his files and he had severe COPD, Heart disease, Pulmonary HTN, Sleep Apnea, He stood up twice, got short of breath, fell, Broke both legs, Injured his back. He is now wheelchair bound and is very ill.  He is hanging in there. I reached back into my own claim and took some knowledge I had learned over the years and had to develop a game plan. This plan included getting him a good certified representative and  getting a Doctor who was virtually hell on wheels.  We chose John Dorle and Craig Bash as the team to handle the claim. They both put in countless hours, Dr Bash even Flew in to examine him 2 times. The claim was denied at the RO level, and the DRO. They appeared to be waiting the Veteran out as time was not on his side. John did a form 9 and got an expedited BVA hearing. John Dorle came to louisville and Dr Bash went to DC and attended the hearing. These 2 folks are a well oiled machine. They had the information, Dr Bash even brought some aids to help explain his point of view.  

Today, he received a decision. He won each and every claim issue at the BVA.  He should have a very high level of SMC, possibly R2 with a barrel load of retro.  

That Veteran is my Grandfather. 

Thank you Dr Bash and John Dorle.   

Edited by jbasser

Well done.  

I am really begining to hate the VA's treatment of Veterans after reading stories like this.

I think there should be a 10% multiplier for every year that they deny a claim that is eventually approved.  That would sure make them make the right call the first time.

I pray and hope your grandfather will have an exceptionally long life.

Hamslice

WOW, that is Wonderful News John!

Yes, Dr. Bash and John Dorle are really great,and will leave No stone un turned.

It is disgraceful that any vet should have to wait this long for a proper award but I agree with you, they (VA) know time is the enemy of claimants.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use