VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Marijuana for PTSD approved by Feds!!

Rate this question

Harley-1

Question

as of last wednesday Feds okd Marijuana trials for Vets being treated for PTSD.

Edited by Harley-1
-wrong forum- stupid phone !!

I am a bit leery of this.  yes the VA is allowing TRIALS, this does not mean you can start going to the shrink and asking for a dispensary card.  This will be a limited study, and i can guarantee the results will be either "inconclusive" or will be 10 years, 20 years down the road (and will probably read like this) "more testing is necessary to establish the efficacy of this treatment option for the general population of Veterans suffering from PTSD and other mental trauma".

I am willing to put quite a few sawbucks on this, the VA will not allow weed for treatment for a very long time, and even if they do will be a pharmaceutical concoction of active ingredients they identify as helpful, they will never ever ever start allowing the smoking or ingestion of the plant, only its ingredients in a pill.

I will bet you on that you should read the news its already going on for pain treatment they study me all the time

just like a ct scan of chest for back pain problem but its  nothing there .Less side effects and it grows wild and if that's your choice just remember

if you are getting narcotic pills and tell your doctor you are self medicating on pot your pills will be cut off

It is some centers that actually give it to some patients but its all who you know. Don't like it your choice just don't knock it

from the ones it help I'm one who it helps

And I don't have to do drug test like I'm going to work for the government that's not their business

what I do I'm TDIU why should I have to drug test for pain pills and not working ?

Edited by RUREADY

I will bet you on that you should read the news its already going on for pain treatment they study me all the time

just like a ct scan of chest for back pain problem but its  nothing there .Less side effects and it grows wild and if that's your choice just remember

if you are getting narcotic pills and tell your doctor you are self medicating on pot your pills will be cut off

It is some centers that actually give it to some patients but its all who you know. Don't like it your choice just don't knock it

from the ones it help I'm one who it helps

You misunderstand me.

I am not knocking weed.  I have tried it, never liked it, however my personal opinions on drugs are that you should be free to smoke, shoot, snort and scarf anything you want.  Its not harming me.  However if you decide to break into my house to feed that, then theres been an actual crime committed, the theft, not the smoking.

My leeriness is not based on my opinions on right/wrong of drug use, but of the va allowing a drug maligned by the very same government, as well as actually doing something positive and efficient.